Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Anyone shooting Saline Valley tomorrow in Missouri? >

Anyone shooting Saline Valley tomorrow in Missouri?

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Anyone shooting Saline Valley tomorrow in Missouri?

Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone shooting Saline Valley tomorrow in Missouri?

Around St. Mary (north of Ste. Genevieve)?

I'm stoked because it's only the second shoot in the area I know of that lets you shoot on Saturday... I'll be getting there around 8:30 or so, I think?

Any of the mo's? mo bowhunter or mo mightymite?

I know mobow is iffy because of his step-grandfather passing, and I think jmbuckhunter's daughter's prom is that night... I'd love to hook up with a fellow HNI'er to shoot it though.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:35 PM

Default RE: Anyone shooting Saline Valley tomorrow in Missouri?

Sorry to let you down Greg, but I didnt end up coming home from school. Did you end up shooting,and how did you do?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Would have loved to have shot it with you Matt... I shot decent enough I guess after discovering my rest had been bumped about an inch off sometime overnight or on the trip up there... eyeballed centershot and took a couple warmup shots, then discovered their range bags in the warmup area wouldn't stop my arrows. So after sending four very expensive arrows into the rocky background (two before I found out my rest had shifted, two through the bags), I gave up and went ahead and shot.

I ended up winning it, but I'm looking forward to going back and shooting it again confident in my setup. And you need to be confident on that course... lot's of uphill shots, with 2 turkeys, a bocat, a bullfrog, 2 skunks, a fox, 2 bear cubs... LOTS of little bitty targets.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM

That sounds like a really fun course, although I hate those bear cub targets worse than turkeys I think. Do they have anymore shoots coming up, maybe after turkey season? Congrats on another win! Sounds like you might want to start building a trophy room if you keep this up.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM

That's good shooting Greg. Especially given the issues you had. I think I could have taken you this time....

Sorry I couldn't go, the funeral was indeed Saturday morning. Believe me when I tell you that I would have rather been shooting. Oh well, we'll hook up on the next one.