Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Feather Visions is one fast-shipping company! >

Feather Visions is one fast-shipping company!

Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Feather Visions is one fast-shipping company!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Feather Visions is one fast-shipping company!

Gotta give props to our friends at Feather Visions for their exemplary service... While doing a bit of research into the rules of both of the major governing bodies of the sport of 3d, I discovered the ability to shoot a lens in ASA shoots... since we've got a club nearby that uses ASA scoring, and in fact hosted the state championships last year, I thought I'd order one while I was waiting on my new Spot Hogg Hogg-It...

I called up Feather Visions' Bert Cooley on Friday (actually, I called him a couple days before that, and he returned my call two seperarte times but couldn't catch me... that speaks volumes right there; how many companies these days will even return a call once, let alone twice from just one message left...) I told him what sight I had just ordered, and basically said I'd follow his lead on what he suggested.

I did tell him I didn't want to have to use a peep clarifier if I could help it, since I shoot both IBO and ASA shoots and would be switching back and forth... He ultimately suggested a Series 790 Aspheric Lens with a +.25 Diopter, 2x rating. He cut the lens, sent it to Spot Hogg to have it drilled out to fit inside their lens adapter, received it back and mailed it out to me so fast that it was in my mailbox today. In fact, he beat my actual sight here, but I'm not complaining as that was a special-order model as well (small pin guard housing four wrapped .10 pins in alternating green and yellow following Matt's glowing review of that setup).

Kudos to Feather Visions! Now we'll see if it's as cool as I think it's gonna be when my sight gets here... hopefully by Monday.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feather Visions is one fast-shipping company!

I gotta say their lenses have come a long way in the last few years. They have always been a good value compared to everything out there, I've had their original lens, and Verde lenses in the past. They were always a notch better than anything in that price class.

With that said, through a friend I recently got ahold of their new.50 (4x) Radura lens for a CR Apex Target scope that I plan to use for field archery.It honestly rivals anything I've ever seen (and I've owned most of them). It's also $100 cheaper than the 4x Swarovski lens sold by Sure Loc that I used to have and it will fit in any scope housing as well (you have to use the Swarovski in a Sure Loc scope). I've got a true Zeiss (one of the few) sold by Classic in my current 3D rig that is fantastic, but I'm honestly thinking about dumping it for another FV Radura.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg.

I had a similuar experience with Bert.

Sent him an email with questionsabout a new lense 15 minutes later he called me and said he could not talk too much as his flight was boarding and said he would call me as soon as the plane landed. Sure enough 3 hours later he called we spoke for about 30 minutesand hetook my order, I asked him how much he said not too sure as it is a special order and he would send a invoice with the lense.
When the lense arrived about a week later there was no invoice soI called him back to get the price. He was very apollogetic (sp) about not including the invoice and told me to send a check for a very small amount.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

right with you there Greg. I oredered mine and got it in 2 days. Sweet thnaks Fv and Mr. Cooley.