Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Had some 3D fun today.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Had some 3D fun today.

Greg/MO, mobow, and a friend of his Pauland I went to a 3D shoot near Alton, IL today. Then when we were finished, we found out momightymight and the Other Mo Bowhunter had showed up too. They were supposed to meet us at McDonalds at 8:30 and follow us there. We waited for them for a while and then we gave them a wake up call. They said it was raining by them. I told them it had stopped here so the decided to make a late trip out of it.

Here is mobow shooting at a small deer. He told us it was 67 yards after the shot.

This is Paul shooting at the same deer. He said more like 92 yards.

Here is Greg shooting at a havelina, at 50 yards I believe he said.

We all started off shooting a little poorly. This was onlyGregs 6th 3D ever and Don and myself hadn't shot one since The Mosquito Plagued HNI shoot last June. But we all settled down and started ripping off 10's. The footing was trecherous after the rains all week, lots of slipping and sliding. But it was a good time and I had fun shooting with some neat friends from HNI. Greg even drove up last night from Jackson, MO and spent the night at my house, so he could sleep in a little longer this morning. Something about not being a morning person.

We even ended up bringing home some HARDWARE. Greg won 1st place, he got a neat plaque,and I ended upfinishing in third, I got a not as neat plaque[:'(]. Not bad fora guy in his 6th 3D Tourney ever, nice shootin' Greg.

By the way the Bowtechs beat up on the Hoyt and the Ross(Bowtech) today.

P.S. Matt/PA, Greg says you better watch out he's gunning for you next.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Had some 3D fun today.

looks like you had a good time
Old 03-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn Bowtechies, lol

We had a shoot here also, sounds looks like great fun!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot in my first ever 3D shoot yesterday. I had a blast!!!!!

Looks like you guys had a good time too.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Damn Bowtechies, lol

We had a shoot here also, sounds looks like great fun!!!
You are becoming one of us.Even if it is only as an ADOPTED STEPCHILD
Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot today and shot 9 up. It's looking like that might be good enough to win it, hard to tell though, I'll know tomorrow. If I did sneak out a win that would be 3 in a row for me . Open Trophy by the way.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:34 PM

Oh yeah, that was a blast! We had some folks shooting before and after us that need to do some serious research on etiquette....but all in all it was fantastic! This was the first shoot I've shot with my new set up, and multiple pins. I've shot a single pin for 5 years now. (hear the excuses buillding up here! ) I've got to do some more practicing to find out my arrow drop and such, but I guess I didn't shoot too badly.

John was very kind in not mentioning my complete freakin MISS on a 23 yard chip shot.....Shot right under it. You know, release and drop your bow arm to see where you hit, that old chestnut? [:@] Yeah, I'll take a zero on that one. I did pull it together after that and busted out some 12's, but it wasn't enough. The Gaurdian's handed it to me today, but the Ross? Well.....let's just say my buddy Paul finished JUST under what I shot.....by about 30...[8D] That was only his second shoot ever though.

How bout that stick stuck in the ground directly in front of the vitals? Gotta love that. We're sure the group in front of us did that. One shot was COMPLETELY covered, we didn't even shoot from the assigned stake, there was just no way.

We even saw some live 3D targets running across the wheat field, about 6 of them I believe. They just wouldn't hold still though. And I think that small deer was just over 80 yards, so I just held my 60 yard pin a weeee bit high....

Really though, that was a ton of fun. Greg's a great guy to shoot with. Good attitude, and just wants to have fun. I really enjoyed shooting with him, and John both. Thanks guys, I really had a blast.

Greg, we'll see you on the 12th! John, you up for it buddy?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Greg, we'll see you on the 12th! John, you up for it buddy?
I don't know, let me check my calender...........Ok I think I'm free that day. Just let me know what time to be there.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

So what you are telling me is you guys beat Donny down like a rented Mule?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

So what you are telling me is you guys beat Donny down like a rented Mule?

Dude, I was sandbaggin.

Quick Reply: Had some 3D fun today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.