Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Waterfowl Hunt? >

Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Waterfowl Hunt?

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Waterfowl Hunt?

Old 01-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Spike

Default Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Waterfowl Hunt?

I am an experienced back country archery elk hunter. I do everything DIY on (public) National Forest Lands at 10,000 feet in Colorado. We can camp 100 yds away from our vehicle at the end of a jeep road or we can hike 2-6 miles deep into the forest and set up a Basecamp. I would expect us to hunt for 4 days and 3 nights. Only 10% of public land archery tags are filled each year in Colorado. This is a tough hunt with no guarantees. I can guarantee an amazing experience.

In exchange, I am looking for an opportunity for me and my 12 year old son to hunt waterfowl. I grew up hunting ducks/geese in Minnesota, the Dakota's, and Manitoba. Not a lot of waterfowl opportunities in Colorado. We would love to explore areas to the south or possibly northeast regions of the country!!

Let's see if we can set something up!!! PEACE Todd
Old 04-14-2021, 06:28 AM
Spike

Default Walleyes?

Hey man, I wouldn't be able to offer a waterfowl hunt unfortunately. However, could offer some pretty stellar walleye fishing on the Missouri River in central SD that you and your boy would be sure to enjoy. Lmk if it's something you may be interested in!!
Old 05-12-2021, 05:04 AM
Spike

Default Hey buddy

Sorry....I just got your message. What are you thinking? How rugged are you? Willing to do a lot of backcountry hiking? I am still looking for an elk hunting companion for this year....probably the 2nd or 3rd week in September.

I have been permanently scarred by walleye fishing on Lake Mille Lacs. I would go out at midnight, freeze my ass off, and hopefully catch 1 or 2 3-pound walleyes. It was awful! What kind of fishing would we expect? My son has very little fishing experience but I would love to get him some real action!! What time of the year would you have us out?
My name is Todd. Let me know your thoughts! PEACE
Old 05-12-2021, 04:44 PM
Spike

Default Hey buddy

Sorry....I just got your message. What are you thinking? How rugged are you lookingfor? Willing to do a lot of backcountry hiking? I am still looking for an elk hunting companion for this year....probably the 2nd or 3rd week in September.

I have been permanently scarred by walleye fishing on Lake Mille Lacs. I would go out at midnight, freeze my ass off, and hopefully catch 1 or 2 3-pound walleyes. It was awful! What kind of fishing would we expect? My son has very little fishing experience but I would love to get him some real action!! What time of the year would you have us out?
My name is Todd. Let me know your thoughts! PEACE
Old 05-25-2021, 08:27 PM
Spike

Default Swap

I run untamed outfitters out of north Texas and would be more than willing to offer a waterfowl
hunt in exchange.

shoot me a text 9038202977