Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Southern Waterfowl Hunt? >

Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Southern Waterfowl Hunt?

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Southern Waterfowl Hunt?

Old 01-07-2021, 09:41 AM
Spike

Default Back Country Rocky Mountain Elk Hunt for Southern Waterfowl Hunt?

I have 15 years of experience hunting the back country of Fraser, Colorado chasing the Great Wapiti with a stick and string at 10,000 feet! Only 10% of public-land, Colorado archery tags are filled each year. This is a tough hunt with NO guarantee!!

I have the necessary gear, the mountain side labeled with my GPS, and the spirit to go as deep as you want. We can drive to the end of a jeep road and camp 100 yards from the vehicle or we can hike 2-6 miles deeper into the back country!! This is an over-the-counter, either sex, archery elk hunt during September in the Arapaho National Forest.

4 days and 3 nights.

In exchange, I am looking for a waterfowl hunt for myself and my 12 year old son. I have always heard of waterfowl hunting in Arkansas but I am open to any areas other than Canada and the upper-Midwest. I grew up hunting waterfowl all my life but moved to Colorado in 2003 and have had little opportunity for hunting ducks and geese in the Rocky Mountains. Let's make this happen in 2021. PEACE Todd