HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Swap-A-Hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/swap-hunt-74/)
-   -   Alberta Options (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/swap-hunt/420605-alberta-options.html)

Alberta4trophies 03-24-2019 07:39 AM

Alberta Options

If you want to try Alberta, and hunt with me, its all about timing. Early September is archery for trophy whitetails in the Rocky Mountain House area and more specifically tree stands intercepting them going to feed. To kill the day I chase elk in hopes of tasty meat (not usually world class bulls). There are no high fences, here. These hunts are for someone who want the challenge of a free-range wild animals. I also hunt bears in the spring (Mid May to June 1) a little further north, and coyotes in eastern Alberta in late October and early November. I am not a guide and I am not going to miss my hunting season; we can hunt together.

For the dry-fly fisherman who likes a the challenge of pursuing large brown trout in a small technical stream, I offer fishing on the world famous Raven River. The last 2 weeks of June and the first week of July are optimal for this which is the peak for mayfly hatches.

If everything checks out full accommodations can be provided. Your biggest expenses then will be travel and license fees.

In exchange, I am keen on escaping our winters up here for a new experience. I have never hunted turkey or hogs? A place to hang my hat while I vacation is also appealing. I am not likely to skip the hunting season here to chase the same cridders else where :).

mrbb 03-24-2019 07:46 AM

if your NOT a legal guide, you may NOT be legally allowed to take anyone hunting in Canada for big game, that isn't a resident of Canada
or that was how the laws there used to be
so you might wish to check into this, and or anyone considering a swap
NOT bashing here, just adding some info I feel needs to be checked into,!

Alberta4trophies 03-24-2019 07:56 AM

I did research this before i posted. In Alberta I can take a nonresident alien (American) out for all the cridders I have listed. Definitely what you said is true for the territories and in some other provinces.

mrbb 03-24-2019 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Alberta4trophies (Post 4353743)
I did research this before i posted. In Alberta I can take a nonresident alien (American) out for all the cridders I have listed. Definitely what you said is true for the territories and in some other provinces.

then they must have changed something,
as it used to be a law, for deer/elk,,moose and such a NON resident of canada needed a guide to hunt these in Alberta
been a few yrs since I hunted there , so I don't stay on top of things, just wanted to share what I knew!
the loophole in things USED to be if the non res was a family member only!
or from another part of canada

but again, times and rules do change LOL

Alberta4trophies 03-24-2019 10:49 AM

Unfortunately, it doesn't let me post the url to the website here. I don't have enough posts yet, but you can search: My wild Alberta for the same info belowNon-resident aliens hunting with a hunter host may obtain licenses from private licence issuers for:
  • Antlered White-Tailed Deer
  • Antlered Mule Deer
  • Antlered Moose
  • Antlered Elk
  • Black Bear Special Licences
  • Wolf/Coyote
A Hunter Host
  • Must be an adult resident, and be eligible to hold recreational hunting licences.
  • Must be the holder of a valid WIN and Hunter Host Licence (below).
  • may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept remuneration, directly or indirectly, for such services.
  • may host a maximum of two (2) hunters/year, either Non-residents (Canadian), Non-resident Aliens or a combination thereof. If hosting 2 Non-resident Aliens, at least 1 must be a relative.
  • may host Non-resident Aliens only if the host has not hosted a Non-resident Alien in the previous two (2) fiscal years (April 1 to March 31).
  • must report to the Fish and Wildlife office by December 31 in the year of harvest all hunting activities by the Non-resident Aliens he or she hosted. A report must be submitted even if the hunter doesn’t harvest an animal.
  • must accompany the hunter(s) named on his or her Hunter Host Licence while they are hunting big game under the authority of the Hunter Host Licence.

I copied all of this from the government website. Seems to me that, I can host one american every three years. I have never hosted before so i should be good to go.

Alberta4trophies 03-25-2019 12:26 PM

I'd like to add that I have lots of pics to share for anyone who is interested.

mrbb 03-25-2019 12:51 PM

well post some

Alberta4trophies 03-25-2019 03:03 PM

Harvest highlights

5 Attachment(s)
Going to make me work huh? Here are some of the highlights.

Alberta4trophies 03-25-2019 03:10 PM

Trail cam Highlights

2 Attachment(s)
the ones that got away...

mrbb 03-25-2019 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Alberta4trophies (Post 4353796)
Going to make me work huh? Here are some of the highlights.

HAHA< well, sorry to make you work, but everyone likes eye candy and pictures LOL

very nice
thanks for sharing
I miss all my trips to Alberta, loved every hunt I had there, great place to find some big game animals!
wish I could still make more trips there, but just not in the cards now