Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
How many have used this site? >

How many have used this site?

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

How many have used this site?

Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 PM
Spike

Default How many have used this site?

I think this is a neat way to go on new hunts and meet some new friends I'm just curious to what type of experiences some have had good or bad
Old 11-03-2016, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

I'm from Maine, over the years I have had some very good experiences and made several new friends. I've hunted in California, Wyoming, Louisiana,
Indiana, New York, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina
as a result. Haven't always got what I was after but had a great time trying.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default All good

I have used this site for many years. Always a good time and great people. Some have become life long friends. It's not about tagging out.

Last edited by tjc1230; 11-04-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:42 AM
Spike

I've swapped with several people:

Outfitter from Mexico
2 guys in Illinois
Helped friend swap with Iowa, Kansas and Alaska

All people have tagged on our end, we didn't always tag out, but that's hunting.

One of the guys from IL nailed a 11'4" gator, the other got 2 gators in the 10 foot range. Guy from Mexico had his 2 sons and video camera running for his TV show as we called some gators in for the shot.

Like others have said, life long friends can be developed, but if you expecting a 100% success rate you are setting everyone up for disappointment.

All of my swaps want to come back and get a turkey, but just haven't been able to yet.

I still have a few trips I need to cash in on, but that will happen in due time. One hunt had me looking at a booner buck chasing a doe 200 yards away full speed and I passed the shot through the trees....that got me a come back any time offer
Old 11-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Spike

Well i wouldnt be expecting a 100% success rate thats the fun of hunting just happen to find this site and was curious but sounds like what i was looking for and some fun experience just need to come up with some hunts now thanks for the replys
Old 11-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a great experience with my first swap. I have met my second swap in person and we have been texting/emailing for several years waiting for preference points to accumulate. We are on the same page with things and it will be a great hunt.

My advice would be to ask all the questions you can think of and be completely honest with them. Exchange lots of emails with questions then talk on the phone. You can learn a lot about a person by talking with them. Don't exaggerate on your side of the swap. Make sure you are compatible with them also. Kind of like dating . For example, if you are against drinking and smoking and they like to have some drinks after the hunt and smoke a few cigars it might be awkward.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Rob in VT; 11-03-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:47 AM
Spike

Over the past couple years we have made quite a few trades - Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida, and Canada. It has been a great experience on both ends. I have had the opportunity to meet some great people and life long friends. Rob and Spring Tom gave some great advice.