Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Free Hunt For Our Military >

Free Hunt For Our Military

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Free Hunt For Our Military

Old 11-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Spike

Default Free Hunt For Our Military

My family and I have always been thankful too the military for what they do everyday so we can enjoy our lives. I was sitting in my combine this afternoon finishing up harvest when I got a link texted to me. It was about a good friend come home from over seas. I realized at that moment we have been doin this all wrong. We have swapped hunts for that hunt and have enjoyied every minute of it. So here it is. No hunt swap this time. We wont to give two hunts away for a soldiers that give us the great freedom.
Ok this is how its going to work if you are active military or retired feel free to respone.
The hunt will be here on our farm in North Dakota where you can bow hunt a trophey whitetail. We also have land in Minnesota where you can bear hunt or whitetail hunt your choice. These are bow hunts only. You can bring a gun for varmints. (Coyotes) All we ask is you get your own hunting licenses and we have the rest covered. More details email us at [email protected] thanks for yalls support.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

What a great gesture, good on you mate.

If only our military was treated with the same respect here.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Kudos and thanks in advance for the guys and gals coming home from the war zones.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

My son will be back in country on Jan, 15th. For two weeks. Any hunting available then?? He is going stir crazy because its so hard to find a place to Hunt in Germany and strict gun laws.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Spike

No season will he over but Matt is down from a heart attack and recovering
Old 12-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a great gesture! As a retired and disabled veteran I am touched by your offer. God Bless you sir!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

My friends and I have done this now for two years. It is a most honorable undertaking, IMHO, and you will never be sorry you did it. Our first hunt was for a Marine who was badly injured in Afghanistan, losing his right leg, above the knee. We provided him with a free hunt for hogs (4 days) and also surprised him by giving him a brand new, free rifle; a Ruger m77 with a Leupold 3-9x40 on top.

Our second such hunt will be in 3 weeks and will be for an Army member, who also lost a leg to enemy fire in Afghanistan. He will receive a Winchester M70 with Leupold scope as an additional gift to his 4 day hog hunt (don't tell him as it's a secret!)

Don't sit on the sidelines...they didn't! Try to make a difference to our servicemembers who have given much for us. And, never remember the ones who never came home. You (and I) are only here, now, because they made it happen!