Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
2014 TX Spring Gobbler Hunt/Family Vacation >

2014 TX Spring Gobbler Hunt/Family Vacation

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

2014 TX Spring Gobbler Hunt/Family Vacation

Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Spike

Default 2014 TX Spring Gobbler Hunt/Family Vacation

GREETINGS!

I'm a retired Baptist preacher and outdoorsman who can't afford the cost of modern-day hunting so offer the following 2014 "Texas-Hospitality Experience" as a swap for a quality private-land fall 2013 big game hunt (whitetail, mule deer, elk or exotic).

My wife and I own a 195-acre ranch 25 miles north of Sweetwater/I-20 that has LOTS of big UNHUNTED (I only hunt the deer and trap the hogs) gobblers. In addition, we have two spring-fed ponds (not tanks) - one bass and one catfish (all catch and release). Our modern 5,200+ ranch house offers an incredible view (peaceful and quite), 3 guest bedrooms and baths, large game room (ping pong/shuffleboard/professional Brunswick Gold Crown V pool table/satellite big-screen tv and WIFI), new INDOOR HEATED swimming pool, large enclosed kiddy playground with 3-story Amish gym set, and unoccupied 75' x 45' dog kennel with dog house and 8' fence (no indoor pets allowed).

We are offering an all-inclusive (guiding, lodging and meals) solo-hunter (bow or shotgun) 2014 spring gobbler hunt for the man whose family is tired of being left home when he goes hunting (a spring-break vacation?).

You can choose any Sunday evening - Wednesday noon OR Wednesday evening - Saturday noon during our state's April/May general hunt.

THANKS and God bless!

Bro. Alan
325-207-4238

P.S Our handicap-accessible home, ranch and hunting (I have taken 2 Booners off the ranch in the last 6 years) is FOR SALE BY OWNER.

P.S.S. It is 8:45 AM on Oct 16 and there are 10 big long beards in the front yard eating under our house corn feeder!

P.S.S.S. It is 9:45 AM on Oct 18 and there are 12 big long beards in the front yard eating under our house corn feeder!

P.S.S.S. It is 9:30 AM on Oct 19 and there are 14 hens in the front yard eating under our house corn feeder!

P.S.S.S.S. It is Nov 12 and 28 turkeys (long beards and hens) just came through the yard.

Last edited by mr.creekchub; 11-12-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: update on turkeys
Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Spike

Default Greetings!

Please take a look at our posting on here...my kids would love a hog or turkey hunt (we only have deer and javelinas...LOTS of deer). We are only a couple hours away (in fact my sons team plays Sweetwater tomorrow here in Greenwood!). My wife is a city girl so this is right up her alley.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Spike

I have looked at your photos and post and like what I see.

Are you a 1 or 2 buck county (Scurry County is a 1 buck county)? If 1, does TX law allow me to harvest a 2nd buck in another county (I have 2 buck tags on my lifetime permit tags for 2013)?

Where does your family live? What church do you attend? How old our your teenagers (boys or girls)? How long would you allow me to hunt in order to harvest a 130+ buck (seems like there are several in your photos)? Would you be able to accommodate me (and possibly my wife) on my hunt (lodging/meals)?

Since I have so many questions, how about a call?

Bro. Alan
325-207-4238

Last edited by mr.creekchub; 10-19-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Spike

Lots of lookers but only one serious inquiry. Anyone else have an interest before I make my decision?

Bro. Alan
325-207-4238