Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Scotland Red Stag Hunt in 2012 or 2013 >

Scotland Red Stag Hunt in 2012 or 2013

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Scotland Red Stag Hunt in 2012 or 2013

Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
ajw
Spike

Default Scotland Red Stag Hunt in 2012 or 2013

My father and I planned a red stag hunt in Scotland for this fall. The hunt includes lodging and food at a top-class facility and the entire hunt. It was long my father's dream hunt and I was really excited to go with him. Unfortunately, my father passed away in January. No one else in my family is a hunter (I'm only a novice myself) and I'm now looking at losing our substantial deposit on the hunt.

My dad did a lot of research into the outfitter and hunt before we booked, so I'm sure it's a quality operation. They have agreed to let us change the hunters and to postpone the hunt to 2013 if it's easier, but we can't get any of our deposit refunded.

As such, I'm hoping to find someone here that is looking to go on a Red Stag hunt. Our deposit is about 50% of the total cost for two people, including trophy fees, lodging, food, transfers and incidentals. I forget how many days we had booked, but I think we were going to be in Scotland for a week. Our combined deposit is $7450.

If you're interested in a Red Stag hunt and also willing to help out someone in a tough spot, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

If you're interested, please email me using this forum's email options. I am more than happy to give you a good deal on our deposit, as I want to make sure someone gets to go and enjoy this hunt. If you're interested, you would work with the outfitter directly to make all the arrangements. You would essentially have a $7450 credit to use on your hunt!

Thanks so much,

Drew