Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Trade deer hunt for duck hunt in or near Northern VA? >

Trade deer hunt for duck hunt in or near Northern VA?

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Trade deer hunt for duck hunt in or near Northern VA?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Trade deer hunt for duck hunt in or near Northern VA?

Hello all,

So I figure this is a long shot, but I've never been duck hunting and I'd like to try it. In return, I can offer a deer hunt.

Currently I am a member of a private hunt club with several tracts of land, but I am most familiar with one that is near the south west edge of quantico. I have one guest pass which allows me to bring a guest any time I am on the property.

The best time for the deer hunt would be one of the last two weekends in October. Obviously I can't make promises on what you would see, but I see deer almost every time I hunt. I also have a good crossbow that I could loan you, as it will be archery season. I almost never see any other hunters during archery season, which is why it is preferable by a large margin.

I am not a professional deer hunter on TV, but I do have a good knowledge of deer and the property, and I can put you in a good elevated stand.

In return I'd be interested in duck hunting with anyone who actually knows what they are doing, i.e. has decoys and calls, etc. I have my own shotgun and I am fairly proficient at clay targets. I'd prefer the hunt be somewhere within a 1.5 hr drive of Alexandria, VA. Thanks.

PM me if interested. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Dang wish you where closer to me - I can and would show you puddle duck hunting comapared to diver hunting on marsh, lakes and big-big open water.

JW