Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
 Southern Iowa Whitetails >

Southern Iowa Whitetails

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Southern Iowa Whitetails

Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Southern Iowa Whitetails

First time to offer a swap hunt for 3. 3 of us own private farms managed for big whitetails and have killed bucks up to the 200" class. 150's common. We are looking for access to private ground to archery hunt elk with the same opportunity at trophy class bulls. Hunt zone 5 in Iowa any season you prefer on several hundred acres of private managed ground.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Southern Iowa Whitetails

Hello .I can tell you a place to hunt elk that is very affordable and you have access to private an public . You want see anyone. There are bulls in the area that will score near 320 very few 350 .But mostly around 300.his website is kind of old.But I hunted there and for the money you will not find a better place. over counter tags. He also has mulies that score over 200 inches. It is still the same price. . I love to hunt by my self and find the elk with out someone calling for me. like a guide.You can walk as much as you want to as just enjoy the country. .His name is Scott williams .look up Silverpeaks outfitters on a search. You should find it. But dont base his hunt on the website. It is very beautiful country and all you have to do is bring a atv and pick up you own food at the walmart that you want to eat during the hunt and buy you licenses and drive to the camp and start hunting. He furnishes everything else. cabin or outfitter tent with showers at both supplies water and stove and pots and pans. This is the best hunt out west for you money. You want believe his mule deer.I would love to come back to Iowa to hunt. I hunted unit 6 in west burlington. Iowa.I saw the biggest deer ever there. I hope this helps you out. let me know .He has a few openings for the fall. Tell him Terry Jarrard from Georgia said to call.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Terry, but I'm not looking to pay an outfitter. I'm looking for someone to swap with that can offer the same opportunity at trophy elk as we have to offer on monster whitetails. Maybe even someone that we would have an ongoing hunt swap with. We are offering a true private land hunt for world class free ranging whitetail deer for up to 3 guys on ground that has never had any outfitters or fee hunting and has been managed for years. Thanks againfor the interest.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Spike

Hi, I would be willing to swap our cabin in Alaska with great moose and bear hunting and salmon fishing. You would also have use of our river boat to hunt and fish from. You can see the cabin @ http://www.globaloutdoorproperties.com

Old 02-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the offer big game. But again, we really are wanting to archery hunt elk. I was in Alaska for 10 days last summer and it is an amazing place. Had a great time fly fishing for salmon and seeing the sights. Most beautiful place I have ever been. Icould not believe the amount and variety of game. I will definitely be back. Anyone that goes should spend some time in Denali. Great place. Thanks for your interest.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Fletch,

I am an outfitter in Kansas for whitetail and have a buddy who's an outfitter in Colorado for elk and mulies. He has some great land and kills alot of elk with his bow hunters during the rut. I send alot of guys there and have some free hunts credit with him. I've taken some big bucks in Albia, Iowa and really love hunting there. If your interested I'll call him and line something up for maybe myself and him to come hunt with you on a swap. Call or let me know if your interested. I don't get here much to check things so again, call or email me.

Thanks
Billy
DSOoutdoors.com
352-257-6999