HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Swap-A-Hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/swap-hunt-74/)
-   -   I want Midwest Turkey - what I have... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/swap-hunt/227599-i-want-midwest-turkey-what-i-have.html)

waterfowler1973 01-16-2008 04:31 PM

I want Midwest Turkey - what I have...

I just started hunting turkey last spring and I am hooked. Only problem is that the property I was hunting was sold and I no longer have permission to hunt it.

I am hoping I could find someone who could take me out for a hunt during one of the seasons this spring. I live just south of the IL/WI border, so I could hunt anywhere in IL, WI, IA or IN. I would prefer IL just because I am a resident and the permits are a bit easier to get and a lot less expensive. But, beggars can't be choosers and I woudl really appreciate any opportunity I was given.

I could offer in exchange a two day goose hunt during the fall inSE WI. I would do this Sept 1 - 15 cause you are allowed 5 geese a day and the geese will decoy right in. If you never hunted a field out of a layout blind and had 20 to 30 geese about to land on you, it is an experience you will never forget. I could also combine that with passes to Six Flaggs Great America or salmon fishing on Lake Michigan.

I can also offer up a weekend of fishing in late spring or early summer. Lake Michigan jumbo perch or trout fishing or some fast paced spring fishing for big crappie with decent bass and pike fishing on a private lake near my home. Or, we can mix it up and do a day of each. We usually catch anywhere from 30 to 40 crappie each in a few hours with the majority of the crappie between 10-12 inches.

Anyway, just really hoping someone will help me out and I would be more than happy to return the favor in the future. The only thing I ask is that if you commit to a swap with me, that you keep your word as I will do the same. I just don't want to put in and pay for a tag/permit and then have no where to go and have it wasted.

Thanks for your time

[email protected]

[/align]

meat_eater 01-18-2008 09:41 PM

RE: I want Midwest Turkey - what I have...

I have 80 acres in S.E. INdiana I am near Cincinnati Ohio I have a friend that lives in Rockford IL I have plenty of Turkeys around And I have a neighbor or 2 that allows me to hunt so I have over 100 acres of hills and small creeks. If you contact me I can send you a topo map [email protected]

waterfowler1973 01-19-2008 02:50 PM

Hey meat eater - sent you an email. Please let me know if you don't get it. Thanks

meat_eater 01-19-2008 04:26 PM

got it we will talk more

scotty mann 01-21-2008 05:13 PM

Give me a call and see what we can do ? 888-401-3855
I'm with Heartland Whitetails in Illinois.:D