Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 HOG DOGS PETITION-HELP SAVE THEM FROM BEING PUT TO SLEEP >

HOG DOGS PETITION-HELP SAVE THEM FROM BEING PUT TO SLEEP

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

HOG DOGS PETITION-HELP SAVE THEM FROM BEING PUT TO SLEEP

Old 04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: HOG DOGS PETITION-HELP SAVE THEM FROM BEING PUT TO SLEEP

Candy, I searched for several hours last night in an attempt to find a direct link to the banning of and/or euthanasia of hunting dogs in AZ. I came up with nothing....with the exception that AZ allows hunting dogs to be used on the majority of their "big game". If AZ made it law for no dog hunting allowed...outfitters would be losing alot of denaro in their pockets as well would the state be losing revenue.

In addition when I entered key words "Hog Dogs" there was alot of material regarding what is called "Hog Dog Rodeos" in AZ and many other Western and Southern states, which is illegal and very much akin to dog fighting, cock fighting for sport. Where dogs bred/or not for hog hunting are put into an enclosure with a hog that has had its tusks removed....several dogs against a boar pic with no tusks???? There have been dogs taken from these events and euthanized with perhaps good reason. Once when certain breeds of dogs have killed it is very difficult to rehab them and then adopt them out to a "family home enviroment".
With all due respect can you post links to the dogs you are referring to, or any other link that would be helpful?
Thanks in advance....

Candy, You have my apologies had I just read the last part of one of the emails you sent me I would have seen the link with further information.
Kudos to you and the folks at K9rescue! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Candy, Just wanted you to know that I just finished touring the website you sent me....nothing to do with PETA or any other trolls.

operationk9rescue.com

Count me in on signing the petition.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:31 AM

Ive hunted most of my life useing dogs,in one way or another. At this time i have a few hog dogs ,these dogs of mine have taken out many hogs ,when i get home my grand kids run out and start plaing with my dogs. They run around in the yard with the dogs in hot persuit yelling , haveing a blast,NEVER have any of my hunting dogs hurt these children or anyother children or even adults,just dont even look or smell like a hog LOL.

Peta and other anti hunting jokers always try the back door to relive any and all hunters of there hunting rites. The reason they go in the back way of any hunting law is due to the fact they know there ideas will be shut down if the hunting population gets wind of what they are tring to do.

I commend you and any other people that are willing to take the time to keep hunters informed as to whats going on in other states, What happends does affect all the hunting laws in other states.

Now I will put my name with the others to stop this action they are takeing. If you need a place for these dogs let me know. I will build a bigger kennel. And will hold them until the owners can pick them up or give them to very good hunting homes in Mississippi. Running dogs is still a way of life here.

The people in AZ will soon find out how bad a wild hog is if they are not controlled , They will hurt and kill humans ,they will adapt very fast to being hunted with out dogs .

Thank you and e-mail me if you need to.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:10 AM

Hi

Thank You both for your Support, it means allot to us...I have Bulldogs myself, and do

Rescue Work...These dog are part of out Community, we know them and love them, we

have pet them, and played with them , and seen them work...Its really a Sad Case, for all

Bulldoggers over here, it gives the Public a very bad opinion of them!

I will keep you updated, and let you know what happens!

Again ...THANK YOU!

Old 04-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Go to Small Game, Predator and Trapping in this Forum.
Look for Tennessee Hog Hunter's........Rebel Hog