Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

pointing labs

Old 11-18-2004, 12:14 PM

Default pointing labs

Doc-saw those pictures of your dog on the duck hunt-beautiful animal-can you give me advice on where to find a puppy like yours?
Old 11-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pointing labs

I got Casey fro Black Forest Kennels in Colorado. Their website is www.pointinglabrador.com

A couple more sites that you might want to check out is the Forum at www.pointinglabs.com as well as the APLA website at www.theapla.com
Old 11-19-2004, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the information-I have been investigating which way to go and seems what is best for my situation and for my needs is a pointing lab. I have seen your other pictures and that is one beautiful dog.

Again thanks for the information
Old 11-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got an email from a Female PL owner. His dog (Lily) has just come into heat. She will be coming to spend a week with Casey starting on Thanksgiving (bet Casey will be giving thanks ).

Casey has NAHRA Master Hunting Retriever, Working Retriever, Started Retriever titles as well as passes in HRC Seasoned, Finished and Upland Hunter.

Both dogs are OFA'd for hips and elbows as well as CERF'd for eyes.

Pups should be delivered *about* late January, which means they will be ready to go to new homes in mid to late March.

If you're interested, email me at [email protected]

Casey has more ribbons now, but this is what he had last June. Casey got our club's (Spokane Bird Dog Association) "Started Dog of the Year" in 2001 and tied for "Intermediate Dog of the Year" in 2002. The Red/White/Blue ribbon at the top is for him passing the N.W. Regional Invitational in 2002 !

Old 11-22-2004, 01:02 PM

Doc,

I will email you at the other address. Casey is yellow what color is the female that is coming to visit? I am particular interested in a yellow female or chocolate female-I know there is no difference in the colors it is just a personal preference of mine.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DUCKSTAMPEDE

Doc,

I will email you at the other address. Casey is yellow what color is the female that is coming to visit? I am particular interested in a yellow female or chocolate female-I know there is no difference in the colors it is just a personal preference of mine.
Casey is a Yellow (saddled fox red variety). The female is a medium yellow. All of the pups will be yellow -- probably ranging from medium yellow to fox red yellow.

Email me at [email protected]. I'm partial to yellows as well. Color doesn't matter as far as intelligence or trainability -- I personally like yellows because they are the same color as the dead grass/weeds during duck season = Natural Camo.