Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Strange Dog Behavior

Old 10-29-2004, 07:01 AM

Default Strange Dog Behavior

Yesterday afternoon when I arrived home from work there was a dog (not mine) standing in my driveway and it did not want to get out of my way so I could pull into the garage. When I did finally get it out of the way I pulled in and of course it followed me in and I had a hard time getting him out to get the door shut back down. I get inside and start watching this dog through a window and the poor thing just keeps hovering around my driveway and is walking in circles. I think it is strange but I have other things to tend to so I ignored him for a while. The next thing I know I hear a noise on my back deck and look out there and the dog is up on my deck still walking around in circles and he keeps bumping into my patio furniture. I go out on the deck and give the dog a good look and notice that above his left eye his head is sunken in quite a bit. No blood or scratches anywhere that I saw, just a sunken part on his head. It had a rabies vaccination tag on so I called the vet but got his machine because it was after hours. I left a message but never received a call last night. Anyway, I don't know if it was still around this morning because I was running late for work and had to leave without checking around the yard for him but I'm going to try calling the vet again to see if I can find out who he belongs to. After this long spill, my question to anyone is have you ever seen behavior like this from a dog before? He must have been disoriented and thought he lived at my house because he wouldn't leave my yard for anything it seemed.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Strange Dog Behavior

Were you able to figure out what was happening with the dog? I was a little curious.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:34 PM

Never figured out. I found out who it belonged to and called and left them a message but never got a call back. The dog was gone when I got home the evening of my post. I'm not the type of person to meddle in other people's business so I probably won't call back to check on him. I guess I'll never know what was wrong with him. [&:]
Old 11-05-2004, 04:37 PM

Most likely he was hit by a car and had a portion of his skull crushed.