Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Great hunt stories

Old 01-28-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Great hunt stories

Let's all hear your great hunting story for this year. Our family has been plagued with illness and other issues so we didn't get to hunt this much this year. Therefore I would love to hear of yours, if you have pics please show them.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:05 PM

Default RE: Great hunt stories

well, this story isnt from this year, but i would like to share it anyway. i had a brittany female for about 10 yrs. her last winter i didnt get much of a chance to quail hunt, but i was home for the final weekend of the season, so i took her out. my brother had been several times that year and hadnt found many birds with his dogs and his freinds dogs, so i wasnt expecting much. however, "Lady" and I got into 3 coveys that day. it was a gorgeous day, snow flurries on top of an inch of snow already there. Lady worked great- never busted a single bird and even retrieved most of them- something she was never the greatest at. it was really fun just being out by myself with my old dog. killed my limit, and then that night grandma fixed fried quail, biscuits and gravy for everybody. it could not have been a better day. unfortunately, that was the last time i got to hunt with her, but it makes for a great memory.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:48 PM

Default RE: Great hunt stories

It sounds like it was a great day, fortunately for Lady she probably felt as if she was a pup that day, too.