Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

brittany

Old 12-01-2003, 03:14 AM

Default brittany

Hi!
I would like to get in touch with birdhunters and Brittany owners for exchanging experiences Sweden - USA. My Brittany is my first bird-dog and absolutely wonderful (although not always as obidient as I would like, hmm I wonder who´s to blame.....).

How popular is the Brittany in the US? Here it´s a small breed, only about 300 in total in the country.[:-]
Old 12-01-2003, 07:25 AM

Default RE: brittany

The Brittney Spaniel is a popular breed in the U.S. both as a hunter and as a pet. You can find a list of clubs and organizations at this site:

http://www.brittanybreed.info/clubs.html

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:53 AM

I have had nothing but brittney' s. I had a Brittney that was a Versitle Champ. He was the First Brittney in NAVHDA (North America Versitle Hunting Dog Assosiation) and I have one of his sons now and he is not as good as his father was but he is getting there. I would not own anything else.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Brittany and my parents have two of them. We've had a Brittany since 1980. They are great hunting dogs. My Brittany is not all that well behaved and kind of dumb but she's a very sweet dog and great with our 16 month old son. All the other Brittany spaniels I've known were well behaved and smart. I think we got a defective one. The breeder recommended a different dog but we wanted this one because she was cute. We don't hunt with her and she is a good pet so it doesn't matter.

Scott Meier
White Oak Lodge
Old 12-10-2003, 09:53 AM

I have eight brits, and any problems in them are ones instilled by or not properly corrected by the trainer- ME! That's part of the joy of sporting dog ownership. It's an incredible puzzle that you and your dog put together together.

And yes, brits are very popular in the US.