Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Looking around..

Old 02-09-2021, 08:23 AM
Spike

Default Looking around..

I’m in the market for a solid hunting dog, any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2021, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by willwowwe
I’m in the market for a solid hunting dog, any suggestions?
You have asked half a question! What to you want to hunt with your dog? There are many breeds for many different animals.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I second that, what species do you want to hunt and WHERE, as location IMO is a big part of things too, some breeds and even colors IMO work better in cold places and others in warm places, add in terrain, IMO< short hair dogs do better in places with a lot of things that stick to fur
I seen many dogs get torn up hunting places where other breeds nothing stick to them, ,and were able to hunt more days without injuries!

so, knowing what and where you plan to hunt, will be a big part of what breed of dog to consider, and from there its talking to some good breeders of each your thinking on!

cannot recommend things without more info here?