Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Anyone use gundogs for fur hunting >

Anyone use gundogs for fur hunting

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Anyone use gundogs for fur hunting

Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Spike

That amazing one of the ideas I had after reading about Indian tribes using dogs to locate beave dens they made it sound a lot like how the cops use dogs to find drugs and since labs are one of the ones cops use the most would you think the training the cops use would work for finding beave using beave glands
Old 06-02-2017, 04:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most beaver dens are obvious, that big pile of sticks and logs in the water can be seen for a long way and the dams are obvious as well. While there are bank beaver that den in holes along the bank it is easy to find them as well. Why would you want a dog to hunt for them. I don't know of any state where you can take eaver with a gun, just traps. There may be a few but I never heard of them.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Spike

Well a lot of times the Dems are under water with just a air hole showing a guy I met a another form that did ADC work said he loved using his dog said it would found a lot of dens before he did and the best part was if his dog hit on one it was a den that had Beaver in it
Old 09-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Banned

Hello kyboy. Good to see you again.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:55 AM
Spike

I have Huskies, as for me, too, is not a bad breed for hunting to raise it for hunting from childhood
Old 01-18-2022, 11:53 AM
Spike

I have two dogs with whom I hunt pine marten