Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
American Staffordshire Terrier >

American Staffordshire Terrier

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

American Staffordshire Terrier

Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default American Staffordshire Terrier

Hey guys,

I have a American Staffordshire Terrier Mix right now and he loves retrieving. However I never trained him to retrieve ducks or any kind of game, muchless exposed him to any loud noises and he is 2 years old now. Ive also accidentally traumatized him to the shock collar as he shakes uncontrollably now so I dont use it anymore.

Im thinking about getting a purebreed this time and I was wondering what the disadvantages of using a Amstaff over a Laborador would be? Should any dog be just fine if he is able to retrieve and listen to commands?

Also, does anyone use their dog for multipurpose hunts? Hog hunting and pointing and retrieving?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Fork Horn

Does anyone have a stack of old hunting and gun dog magazines I could buy off of them? Looking to grab them on the cheap if youve got a bunch stored up you never use. Ive got some downtime here in Afghanistan and id love to grab a ton of old magazines I could read through. I get a headache reading through the forums on a glaring monitor.