Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Safest Heart worm Med??? >

Safest Heart worm Med???

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Safest Heart worm Med???

Old 05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

used to use ivermec but recently switch to this all natural stuff. www.mearicle.com saw it at walker days in indiana this year and have a couple buddies that use it and say it works better than anything else out there. The lady who sells this is very knowledgable and from arizona. She was telling me what was inside of it and its the same stuff used for all types of cattle. 1 tbl spoon of powder mixed with dog food 5 days a month will kill ALL worms. Safe around humans who have young kids also
Old 05-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default worms

i use INTERCEPTOR.i only give it during the mosquito months.like in pa the months are june to oct.the worms come from the bite of a mosquito.
DONT GIVE THE WORM PILLS WITH TICK REPELLENT in them.this is putting poision inside your dog. use ADVANTIX K9 on outside of dog for ticks.

i feel INTERCEPTOR is best worm pill out there.dont waste using it in cold months when bugs are dead.

vets still say to use it all year BUT i dont and toby has not had worms.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marquismarc
I use Sentinel on my yellow lab.
DONT USE SENTINEL.it has poison in it to kill fleas.
use flea killer on outsaide of your dog NOT on inside.

i highly suggest you stop using it and use INTERCEPTOR.