Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
WHy do city folk buy big working/sporting dogs? >

WHy do city folk buy big working/sporting dogs?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

WHy do city folk buy big working/sporting dogs?

Old 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Wow all these years having sporting dogs I never knew there was demographic sections they belonged in...
Old 01-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Spike

Well, I do get irritated, To many times I see people getting rid of 10 to 14 month old beagles. It really upsets me. That is a beagle teenage years were the don't listen and you think they lost everything you have taught them as a puppy. If people would have done there research and understand the breed they likely would have relized from the beginning that that breed was not for them.
Same as bloodhounds, get them then think they got an unruley one cause it is wrecking there furniture,
Personally I think everyone should have to write an exam on the breed of sporting dog they are getting. Of all my hounds, I knew exaclly what I was getting into when I got them.
Hate me for this if you will, but someone has to say it.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see full sized pickups driving around empty all the time. I see Corvettes inching along at the speed limit when they are designed to run several times that speed. I see fat out of shape people wearing jogging shoes. How many people who own German Shepherds actually used them as guard dogs? Look, the lab is a highly intelligent and trainable dog, of course people are going to own them who aren't hunters. This is a useless post.