Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

TENNESSEE COON HUNTING

Old 07-03-2003, 01:06 AM

Default TENNESSEE COON HUNTING

I LIVE IN WARTRACE. I WAS RAISED ON COON HUNTING. IT IS FUN.I GOT 5 WALKER HOUNDS. THEY ARE DANDY. THEY WILL GO TREE AND STAY PUT INTIL I COME AND GETUM. IF YOU COON HUNT TALK TO ME
Old 07-03-2003, 06:19 PM

Default RE: TENNESSEE COON HUNTING

Here I am [8D] I' v got a 7 month old black and tan F. Her gandmothers a night champion. And theres about 4 night and grand night champions in her 6 gen pedagree. She' s just now begening to open on track a little. How long have you ben hunting? I' m 15 and this is my first coonhound. I' m in Kansas talk later
Old 07-03-2003, 07:21 PM

i have been coon hunting since 6years old.black and tans are some preety dogs i would not mind having one. i got a walker female that is 5 she is out of hard knockin stylish hayes. good bloodline. then i just got pups. there going to be some crackerjacks. there running and treeing. stick with coonhunting its fun . i like to here them open and tree. there ain' t nothing like hearing a slobber mouth tree dog tree. i am 15 to. talk to you later
Old 07-28-2003, 09:21 PM

Hey guys coon hunting is the best! I started running hounds when I was 9. I had to sell my dogs when I joined the army. It was well worth it but I can' t wait to get back home and get some more dogs...for the time being I will have to stick with my bird dog though. Take it easy!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:11 PM

i just went running some dogs the other day for the first time, my friends cousin had the dog and he just got it and it is a real nice one, black and tan. i cant believe how fun it is to watch them run and stuff, i cant wait till the season opens and i get to go shooting as well. good luck. who_else
Old 09-10-2003, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

It' s good to see some of you young fellas coonhuntin as well!

I owned several coon hounds when I was a younger(and single). I had a couple of black and tans, several walkers, and even one 1/2 cur and 1/2 walker. My best though was a walker female named Patty. I hunted her in the competition hunts for a while, and made her a night champion. I lost her about a year and a half ago, and i haven' t had the heart to get another since. I still work some of my uncle' s dogs occasionally, but that' s about the extent of it. I hunted a walker male for a freind of mine for about 6 months and man did he have a mouth! When he hit the tree, he' d let out a dying bawl and then ratchet on over to a solid chop! I loved to hear that dog tree! Keep at it guys, and remember one thing: once you find yourself a dog that suits your hunting style, don' t seel it for all the money in the world! It' s not too hard to get a dog that will tree some coon for you, but the dog that trees alot of coon and does it the way you like it, they are few and far between!

GH