Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
What are some beautiful types of sporting dogs? >

What are some beautiful types of sporting dogs?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What are some beautiful types of sporting dogs?

Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Spike

Default What are some beautiful types of sporting dogs?

Labradors, any colour, are gorgeous and full of fun. They are versitile making good working dogs and great family pets. Hungarian Vizslas, stunning to look at and great working dogs. Irish Setters have beautiful coats and just love life. They are intelligent enough to fool humans into thinking they are stupid - that way they can get away with murder.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Springer that is absolutely handsome and my son and buddys also have hunting dogs that are beautiful to look at as well. That being said, to me, the Englsih Setter takes top prize for looks. Sleek, yet a large dog, almost majestic looking with beautiful feathering.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

The type that come back with a bird in it's mouth.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a Lab guy but for my money the best looking field dog is a Flatcoat Retriever.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I Love the BlueTicks and chocolate labs. Had a BlueTick for Coonhunting and have always loved them since, Iv had 2 Chocolate Labs all my life and alwasy plan on having one.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

treeing walker hounds awsome to watch them work for the coon and no walker hound is the same they are all unique with their abilites and looks
Old 07-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

I've always like the smaller setters but the Rymans are also beautiful. I love watching them running full speed then slamming on point, tail up, feathering blowing in the wind.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Laaksonen
Irish Setters have beautiful coats and just love life. They are intelligent enough to fool humans into thinking they are stupid - that way they can get away with murder.
I hunt with the Irish Setters and absolutely love hunting with them. They might get spoiled by wife and kids but not so much by me..LOL The best way to train these is to take them out on a dirt road and let them run for a few miles at least. Then training them becomes quite easy. If not hang on as they are full of energy and will get into most anything they can find.
However due to cross breeding with show dogs they are hard to find. research is a must when looking for the hunting irish. The show dogs are actually quite stupid to say the least.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

malinois and dutch shepherds are nice
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would say the ENGLISH SETTERS AND IRISH SETTERS.
black american lab is nice one on looks if fed sardines to make coat shine .
IRISH SETTER is very neat looking with that red/brown coat.ryman setters are very nice looking.
clean looking springer is nice too.
so is GSP ........
clean small beagle is nice too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.