HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   Timberdoodle & Grouse hunt in Maine Oct. 13th-16th, Any takers ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/323423-timberdoodle-grouse-hunt-maine-oct-13th-16th-any-takers.html)

GrayDawg 05-18-2010 06:39 AM

Timberdoodle & Grouse hunt in Maine Oct. 13th-16th, Any takers ?

I've secured a cabin & board behind a gate on private property in western Maine, just north of Rangeley about 4.5 hours north of Boston. We have room for one- possibly two other hunters and their dogs. We can bring our dogs into the cabin we're sleeping in & we'll have 3 first-class meals provided each day. We will also have access to our own boat/motor to take us across the lake so as to hunt there as well. Our cabin has electric heat as well as a wood stove and a view of Lake Kenebago.

Last year, a friend & I hunted here with 2 dogs (my 5 month old GSP pup & his 8 year old GSP), we contacted roughly 18 Woodc-o-c-k per day & 7-8 Grouse per day. We stayed out of the black growth for the most part as my pup was still little. We will arrive before dinner on Wednesday night, 10/13 & have reserved a guide for two days (Thursday & Friday) so we can concentrate on hunting & not worry about getting lost. Saturday, 10/16 we'll hunt on our own and depart by mid afternoon.

The food is phenomenal (dinner always gives you at least two choices: lobster, ribeye steak, shrimp, chicken.....breakfast is anything you can think of: french toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs, omlettes, toast, bacon, ham........ lunch is sandwiches, chips, cookies.....)

If you don't have a dog, you're still welcome to join us. I'm looking to meet some of the folks here that I've been posting with.

PM me for details or email me at: [email protected]

Rob

BigBuck95 05-18-2010 12:43 PM

You sir, are guilty of making up a new word! Timberdoodle.....
jk

JW 05-18-2010 01:09 PM

Well for one I would really like to join Graydawg - run my grousie and timberdoodle dogs along side his.....but it is a long way to go......

And the word filters messes with the real meaning of TimberDoddle gives ya a bunch of ****!

JW

GrayDawg 05-18-2010 04:25 PM

I can't claim any authorship of the term "timberdoodle" in place of the word w-o-o-d-c-o-c-k............ there, I spelled it anyway!

Take that you autobot word filters !! :barmy::barmy::barmy:

Now who wants to go birdhunting in Maine in October??

Rob

mustad 05-20-2010 09:55 AM

Did you fill up yet? I'd be interested.

I have a finished PP and/or a year old that I could bring.

Phil from Maine 05-22-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by BigBuck95 (Post 3627966)
You sir, are guilty of making up a new word! Timberdoodle.....
jk

That word has been used up here for a long time my friend.. Just watch one moving around with it's but bouncing up and down and you could see where it comes from. Just doddling around the alders and the like looking for food..

Mustad you would have a blast up here if you can hit them right..

GrayDawg 05-24-2010 04:59 AM

Mustad,
I sent you a PM, but haven't heard back from you yet.
Email me at: [email protected]

Last year, we went the week before. Our guide told us that in this area- the second week would have given us an opportunity
to hunt the resident Woodc-o-c-k as well as the flight birds.

So we booked the second week in Oct. this year.

Rob