Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Sad day

Old 05-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Spike

Someone woke me up this mornin' and I lit a cigarette
Found myself when I stopped yawnin', started getting myself dressed
Then I felt I had a dream, I remembered the things I'd seen
I could still hear the things you said with that bad dream in my head
It was a sad day, bad day, sad day, bad day
.................................................. .............................................
Web Design Company
Affiliate Search Engine
Old 05-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Spike

SS sorry man i know what yah went thru and will always go thru,i too have had a lab leave me when i was hunting,he was a good dog!! a loyal dog and the tears from my pain will stream down my face after typing this message to you...they say time will heal your wounds,but nothing can put that piece of my heart back where nelson left off...i raise a toast...to all our canine family members may they chase rabbits and eat hearty in the after life!! nuff said
Old 05-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Spike

Default A little late but sorry

I am very sorry to hear your loss, I returned from my fourth deployment in 2005 and that night my dog went into seizures, my mom had continued to tell the old dog "he is almost home just hold on for a bit longer" and that morning I had to put her to sleep. Its tough but remember the good times and train a new one in honor of him.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Spike

so sorry to hear that. i dread the day i have to put my best friend down.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

very sorry to hear this. toby my lab jumps on backs of bears with his back feet and pushes off.does not do it in woods only in my yard.
maybe i better leash him more often.again sorry to hear this .i was close to crying when toby had his toe removed..
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Spike

Oh sorry for your loss.Its very terrible.I am so sad to hear your loss.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

I can't imagine what you are going through. I have had to put numerous dogs to sleep in my life but they were from old age. That sucks! I have GSP's and they are fearless. I live in Pa and our Game commission is doing all they can to increase the number of bear in our state. I would like to gut shoot every one I see. Nothing but destructive nuisances. I buy a license for the sole purpose of ridding the woods of another predator whose numbers are on the rise. Guaranteed if I get one this fall, the first thing that will come to mind is your dog and the damage that bear did to him and your family by his loss.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Spike

Sorry for the loss of your dog. It's funny that our dogs will often put themselves in harms way before they'll let anything happen to us. I don't think theres any greater bond between a hunting dog and it's owner. It's something special.