Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Anyone coonhunt with blueticks? >

Anyone coonhunt with blueticks?

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Anyone coonhunt with blueticks?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Spike

Default Anyone coonhunt with blueticks?

If anyone coonhunts with blueticks i'd love to hear about them and see pictures of them.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:05 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

My brother has one and I have a Black and Tan. Can't remember how his is bred. I'll ask him. Great meat dog, would be far too slow for a night hunt dog but that is what we want.

He will wind one in a tree and take a cold cold track and usually sorts it out. Big bawl mouth on track with a dying bawl locate. Then he really bawls on the tree, no chop. Loud and barks a lot on track. When treed and you are walking in he leaves the tree to come meet you and takes you right back to the tree. Doesn't bother us as we just pleasure hunt.

His dog is a little mean though. He will start a fight over a dead coon. Not sure where that comes from. Both the sire and dam of this dog were a little growly as well. The man who bred them passed away but we used to hunt with him quite a bit and both the sire and dam would start a fight with strange dogs.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

We all look rough this was opening night in wi. We went hunting from midnight from 7 am. Dog on the left is NiteCH Pr' Spatchek's Chopper will be 3 this june and on right is Pr' Spatchek's Fay with a 2nd place on but i got rid of her she wasnt quick enough to tree for me Ill try to set up a video for you
http://tinypic.com/r/2573tsj/6]View
Old 03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Spike

Sure do and love every moinute of it, Is ray matthews still the head of bluetick1 ??????
Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Spike

i hunt with a blue english!!!does that count
Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt blues but this year i picked up two pups that are half red tick and half black and tan there 6 months and starting training i hope they turn out good
Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does lions count? Here is my bluetick. He caught this lion by himself at the end of December. Thats the lion in my avatar pic.

I am not certain of the lines of the dog, but I think he is mostly Cameron.

Later,

Marcial
Attached Thumbnails Anyone coonhunt with blueticks?-1.jpg   Anyone coonhunt with blueticks?-copy-101_0604.jpg  
Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Spike

Had a Bluetick growing up. best memories ever.

Looking for a good breeder in Texas.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Spike

im startin to hunt blue tick i got my first bluetick pup yesterday
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt with blueticks... had 2 great blueticks but they died...now i have one which is still in training... after my other 2 died i didn't hunt for a couple of seasons... and one of my buddies was giving away a bluetick and i took him... i then realized how much i missed the hunt....can't wait until this season!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.