Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
What breed of coondog should I get? >

What breed of coondog should I get?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What breed of coondog should I get?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Spike

start with the breed of dog you like the looks of,afterall you gotta look at it in the pen.then go from there,check out the ukc forums and look for a reputable breeder in your area or if you dont mind haveing one shipped across country look for a good breeder anywhere.i can tell ya if your looking for a broke dog its gonna cost ya.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

i second mt. curs

Old 12-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
i am on that site vey helpful

I am ARKukRedbones on their whats your screen name on it?
I think it's Bryant1 there also. I don't go over there as much as I use to, but I like to keep up with the competition nite hunts
Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned

There are great dogs and culls in every breed. Take the one that looks best to you and then wear out 2-3 pair of boots and you will have a good dog.
I would choose one of the better cur breeds for the type of hunting you seem prepared to do.
If listening to the race is important, by all means stay with a hound. If killing is #1, then a cur or silent hound might have the edge.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Spike

Well I have found a 4 month old Bluetick that I have reserved till after Christmas. It is UKC'd, has shots, and I am buying it for $150. I am looking forward to getting it. Thank you guys for all the advice.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

what bllodline is it?you just joy hunting or you doing competition to?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Spike

I dont know the bloodline yet, I havent even seen them yet, bad buyin choice I know but whats it really matter when their registered and all that stuff. I just plan on joy huntin for now but might look in to some competition hunting.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

what state they out of...and i like your idea of joy hunting to start wanta make sure they know what they are doing before you spend money on the hunt huh
Old 12-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Spike

They are out of here in Ky, southern part. They are my cousins, buddies, uncles pups. Yeah, and I dont want him to be the worst dog out there and embarrass my self.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Spike

get a bluetick out of jet 8 he has won everything in ukc except the world and his pups are tearing up the hunts the pups r 3 way registered ukc,akc,pkc and super staked they start early like a 4 month old running and treeing and a nine monrth old winning hunts this is the best hound i have ever been in the woods with and i have traveled the circuit extensively. the owner of 8 is john teeters he is a fair buisness man and 8 can be found in the blue book or bloodlines if your really interested then i will give you his number but forget the squirrel part most good hounds are over nosed for them that is more of a cur thing. im an english hunter myself and im harping on a blue dog so take my word this hound is the winningest hound in ukc history call them and ask jet 8 gets it done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.