HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   seat cover for toby (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/295482-seat-cover-toby.html)

sproulman 06-06-2009 08:09 PM

seat cover for toby

i bought newextended cab pick-up.it has those little seats behind your front seats.i am planning on putting my dog back there when we gohunting.

anyone have a way to protect the back of my seats and keep area clean that works.

i saw those hammock covers but dont know if they will work. my dog slobbers a lot when we go hunting.any suggestions would be appricated.sproul

sproulman 06-07-2009 04:52 PM

RE: seat cover for toby

i got a metal bar for between seats at AMAZON to keep him in back.i am getting soft boots for him to put on in truck SO HE DOES NOT SCRATCH IT UP.just throw a blanket on floor.

so, i came up with solution,hope this idea helps others.i am so excited to get this extended cab, no more TOBY in front seat slobbering on me excited to go grouse hunting.now i will get it on back of my head

BetterBirddogs 06-07-2009 08:37 PM

Get a dog box.

sproulman 06-08-2009 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Get a dog box.
TOBY WILL NOT GO INTO ANY box OR KENNEL,CAGE ETC.i think the bar between seats will work real good and the 8 dollar velcro boots will protect my seats if he does jump on things with his front feet.

Champlain Islander 06-09-2009 01:05 PM

I just cleaned out my truck and came to the realization that it belongs to the dog and I just get to drive her around. The nose prints on the windows and the hair on the seat are her stake and claim:D

sproulman 06-09-2009 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I just cleaned out my truck and came to the realization that it belongs to the dog and I just get to drive her around. The nose prints on the windows and the hair on the seat are her stake and claim:D
those nose prints, i know what you mean.toby SLOBBERS,he gets so crazy to go grouse hunting that he foams at mouth.looks like he has rabies:eek:

i think the boot things for his feet and bar between seats SHOULD work back there.i hope .going to try boot things on his front feet only.i agree,they do take over.;)

sproulman 06-17-2009 07:30 PM

i tried the bars between seat, toby is fine back there.i bought the 8 dollar velcro soft boots,they work great also.threw a bedspread on floor to help with dirt etc.

took him for ride today, opened the sliding rear window and he stuck his head out the whole time we were out. this is best set-up i ever had.the truck is CHEVY COLORADO EXTENDED CAB LT2 PACKAGE.;)

Phil from Maine 06-18-2009 02:36 AM

I am glad you have something that will work for you my friend.. It can be hard taking the dog out sometimes and you want to keep your vehicle looking nice..;)

sproulman 06-18-2009 06:54 PM

phil, this is my 4th new chevy truck.this set-up is just great.he used to it, i took him for little trips around area.no barking, thats great.i have those 8 dollar velcro sock boots on him, they are great but i dont think i even need them on.i have bed cover on floor for dirty feet.sliding window is great, he hangs his head out window,people laugh behind me when they see that head out window.bars between seat are great also.

everything is perfect,i am so happy and great deal on this chevy truck.i got $9,300.00 off the MSRP which was $29,100.00,i paid after tax out door, $19,730.00.they were really giving good deals this month.they had to go 500 miles to find color i wanted.

only problem is dealers are closing or losing their chevy license to sell,so i may have to travel to get it fixed in oct 2010.

but that was best deal i ever got in 40 years ,friends got same thing on full size chevy silverdaos.over 9,000 off sticker.

blkpowder 06-18-2009 10:00 PM

Sproul,when I had my Springer. I would lay a canvas tarp in the backseat of my Bronco. The tarp would cover the floor and whole backseat. Didn't have to worry about her claws,hair or dirt. But just like Toby,couldn't stop her from slobbering up the windows.
[/align]She just got so excited knowing she was going on a hunt.:)
[/align]