Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

seat cover for toby

Old 06-19-2009, 02:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: seat cover for toby

That sure sounds like you got a great deal to me my friend! I hope it holds out for you until you decide to trade it or keep for a good many years whichever ends up being the case. I also like what blkpowder said about the felt as well. That stuff can be thick and washes out fairly easy.. To bad there wasn't away for me to send you some of this mill felt I have cause that stuff is a good 1/4 inch thick and very strong. Made mostly from a matted type of monofilament with fussy fibers on it. Now you two have me thinking about setting my truck up with it for Rusty. Thanks guys..
Old 06-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

you are right.i had little boo boo marks from tobys nose on side windows.i like it there better than on inside of front windshield.so far,this is working real good.now i can put my beretta on front seat ,could not do that before.those soft boots with velcro are great too, i wish i would have had them before.no more mud prints in truck.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Get a dog box.
TOBY WILL NOT GO INTO ANY box OR KENNEL,CAGE ETC.i think the bar between seats will work real good and the 8 dollar velcro boots will protect my seats if he does jump on things with his front feet.
Train him to KENNEL. If he refuses to listen to you on this command then my guess is he is refusing to listen to you on other commands. You must ask "who is in charge"?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

randallt, how are you.no, toby listens well for dog.i got him to stop barking in truck,that was bigone, i worked at it a lot.as for kennel,i tried it but i only had plastic kennel box he did not like it one bit.i like him now in truck with me as long as he behaves which he does now.

he likes the colorado ext cab,he has sliding window to look out open ,he likes air.i have a blanket for floor and pull on boots for his feet which keep things clean and his front toenails wont scratch anything.its great,so far.bars between seat he can look at me but cant get to front between bucket seats.

so far, ITS A HOOT with him.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Toby

toby loves the ext cab area on my colorado.he looks out rear sliding window and does not bark anymore.the cage bars keep him from getting to front seat.big blanket on floor and doggy boots i put on after hunting before he jumps in the truck.my truck is clean and everything is working fine.

nice clean truck every trip.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

everything is going great with my new ext cab chevy colorado.toby loves sitting back there and does not bark.with the bed spread on floor i dont even have to use the boots i bought so his feet would not dirty/scratch it up.its working out real good.