Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back >

go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Old 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

I posted on first page of this and went away. While i think dogs should be under control at ALL times
i also have enough common sense to know stuff happens. Hunting dogs going where they are not suppose to
be give them all a bad rap (kinda like a pitbull is mean because its a pitbull) I have found that many peple claim they shoot the dogs but most case they dont
Has my 6mth old choc lab slip out the door go to neighbors and get into his chickens i had to go work before i found it. he called cell phone yelling and hooting. I said i cant do a thing about it shoot the dog and give me a bill
for the birds . when i got home pup was inside with a note on the door saying he was sorry for his yelling and he should not have threaten to shoot my dog. all was forgot i gave him some birds anda calf i bought at sale
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Mike if you go back and read I stated that I in fact had a dog shot that got away from me. I have been on the other end of it.

It's far fetched to call it a stolen dog. That's like me parking my car in your driveway and reporting it stolen. Go ahead with that complaint and see how far it gets you.
BBD,

I don't think it is far-fetched at all. I am not lauging either so it is not a joke to me. If someone doesn't give me my dog back, which is the same thing as taking it, then they might as well have stolen it.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I were a landowner and I find the dogs on my place treed they are gettin' killed
You have made this statement on this post and then you went ahead and make this statement on this very same post..????

The irony here is that I allow my neighbor to trap and run coons on one of my places.
So whats up with this? Flip flopping is just what it is IMO and you wonder why we find you hard to believe?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Lanse just FYI really I have a CJ degree and before taking my current position was a juvenile probation officer and worked part time as a sheriffs deputy. I'm pretty adept at the local laws here.

Are you serious? Someone gave a loose handle like you a gun and a badge. Do you shoot people for tresspassing with you police issued firearm?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

He may need to go back to school since his CJ education does not seem to have covered recent laws on shooting dogs. And when I hear "part-time Sheriffs deputy" I get the image ofthe guy whose primary job isto stand around with a flashlightshowing people where to park atthe county fair. Certainly doesnt sound like the part-time local yokels get much training in gun safety if they are willing to go out popping caps at dogs in the dark when they know there might be hunters in the area.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'd suggest that everyone who is whinning about dogs getting shot just conduct themselves responsibly and it shouldn't be a problem.

It may or may not be illegal to shoot a dog depending on circumstances and applicable state laws. One thing I know for sure is that the law gives me the right to EXCLUSIVE use and enjoyment of my own land. If you are a responsible hunter and your dog only gets onto unauthorized property once in a blue moon, I doubt you will have a problem. If you are consistently letting your dog loose where you knowyour dog is virtually certainto get onto unauthorized property, on a long enough time line you are likely to have dogs getting hurt or killed. The reality of the situation is that if its an intentional act you will simply never find the dog or know where it went. Piss and moan and cry a river if you want to. Or you could do the descent thing and just act responsibly to begin with and you won't have a problem. I have little sympathy for people who abuse the system and act entitled to what isn't theirs.

I don't think their is anyone here who is against hunting in a responsible manner. But, for instance, where my grandparents live in Southern Virginia, deer hunting with dogs is basically an excuse to run all over the county with no respect for property lines. It is a backdoor method to acting like you own the entire town and disregard the rights of your neighbor. The "hunters" know that 99 times out of 100 they will be gone by the time the cops get there, and that most land owners won't call the cops anyway for fear of retaliation. They are abusing the system.

Conducting your hunting in a way that is a nuisance to private property owners looks bad on all of us.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Stonewall308

I'd suggest that everyone who is whinning about dogs getting shot just conduct themselves responsibly and it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd suggest you read the entire thread. Not a one of us said that we turn dogs loose and let them run all over without a care. We were talking about an instance of where a dog runs a coon across the property line. It happens and will always happen as long as this sport is alive.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you are consistently letting your dog loose where you knowyour dog is virtually certainto get onto unauthorized property, on a long enough time line you are likely to have dogs getting hurt or killed. The reality of the situation is that if its an intentional act you will simply never find the dog or know where it went. Piss and moan and cry a river if you want to. Or you could do the descent thing and just act responsibly to begin with and you won't have a problem. I have little sympathy for people who abuse the system and act entitled to what isn't theirs.
I agree with 2 Lunger, you need to read the posts !! No real need to spout of steam if you can't read all of it..

LanseI think Barney does it only by accident and not on purpose..No real excuse but it is done in comedy..
Old 04-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Barney is a real tough guy. Rumor has it BBD insulted him and Barney beat the crap out of him then did it again for Sproulman.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, but even Barney wouldn't edit his own posts to try and look better...

Quick Reply: go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.