Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

COONDOGS!!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:40 PM

Default COONDOGS!!

Now I'm a hardcore Walker hunter, third generation. What would you call your dog of choice and why. Im not looking for fights, nor conflict. I just want to hear some intellgent converstation about the good ol Coondog, and in some cases the forgotten coondog.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: COONDOGS!!

I am an english man. Old stock of Bluegrass Amos and Thunder ST. Nick.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

hmm well im a blue man lol mosyly smokey river and spanky i love my walkers though got a 3yr old gr show hell of a coon dog just havent entered hr yet she is directly out of tri color jack and tri color tom tom and nocturnal nailor on the bitches side
Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had walker/bluetick crosseddeer dogs that were smokey river/spanky bred that were really good dogs. Only problem with them is they didnt have the running walker speed but made up for it with their cold nose
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Spike

I prefer the cold nose of a bluetick. Been huntin, showin, and breedin them my whole life. Have a lot of good bloodlines in them like Smokey River and even Rambo II.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Banned

i hunt mt curs, my gpa has always had me into the curs. Hes been involved in stephens stock most of his life..i just got my first mt cur abotu a week and a half ago when he passed away so im gonan carry on what he loved to do
Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Spike

I like anything that trees a coon, bt i would rather have a plott bluetick or English
Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Currently hunt a Black and Tan and I like him. First Black dog I have hunted. Brother runs a Blue Tick and he is a good dog as well. I don't really have a breed preference. We just pleasure hunt so we don't like the go deep hard knockin dogs. They haven't hit one in a half hour I like to load up and go home. Keeps me away from the Walkers. Had several Walkers when I was younger and had more and bigger land to hunt but they don't work for me now.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to own my own redbone gip and dad had a great ol' redbone male litter mate to my girl...now we have a bluetick real pretty dog to
Old 03-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

i like my walkers but i enjoy looking a zebra striped plotts for some reason in the magazines they look pretty cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.