Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS*** >

***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Old 10-01-2008, 06:13 PM

Default RE: ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

lanse,all the ones i run into that cry that property rights stuff are just hiding somthing,bait piles,salt licks,or whatever,aint got nothin to do with rights they just dont want people stumbling upon their "honey holes" or catching them with a spotlight .

I paid for my property and if I have an apple orchard on it it is mine. It aint none of your business. I have posted itand you and your dogs havent got anyright comming on my property without my permission. GOT IT.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Spike

I have posted itand you and your dogs havent got anyright comming on my property without my permission. GOT IT.
VA. law says i can........GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

over the last three years i have helped my game warden out with four offense's.
three were "apple orchards" piled upin the middle of nowhere,and one was a bait pile set up for bear,ALL WERE BY SO CALLED REAL BOW HUNTERS.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Spike

Vahoundsman.Grow up,it is 2008.I used to have Deer Hounds myself,the Indians used to be here also.If the people who hunted with hounds treated other people with respect this would never be an issue.As far as you turning in people who have baited after tresspassing on their land have you ever heard of the 4th Amendment.I respect the law,but I also have morals and beleive in Gods laws first.Treat other people the way you would want to be treated.How would you like someone coming into your house without your permission and turning you in for tearing the tag off your mattress.I would love to go back and hunt with dogs in the 60's and 70's but it is not going to happen.If you want respect from other people treat the other people and THEIR property with respect.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Spike

so let me get this straight,i shouldnt turn in the people that do wrong?
you did say you had morals and beleive in god,didn't you?
my whole point was dont throw stonesif you live in a glass house.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Hate to burst peoples bubbles.

i dont hunt with deer dogs, personally its not for me, I also dont bait. I have nothing to hide on my property.

People who run hounds are ok by me as long as they stay on there property. The reason Ithink hounds people are going to either lose their right or have it severly restircted is because of the exact comments i read on here.Just because your dogs dont know property lines doesnt mean you can get away with crossing property lines. For some reason people keep throwing tradition out there, well from everything i have heardabout this it seems to me like there are going to be some severe restrictions. IE like when you can run them(notduring bow season, thats just disrespectful toothers) and how much land you must own in order to run them, I have heard a 1000 acres or more.

The problem only persist becausepeople dont respect there neighbors, in this country you have to right to do as you please upuntil the point itnegatively effects others. Well this is coming to the fore front becauseto many peoplearedisrespecting other people. Its not the dogs, its the people!!! Dont front like you cant lose your rights to use them, if the govt decides people are not responsiable enough they will take that right away.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 PM

vahoundsman, while you aretresspassing just be carefull of the other snakes.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:15 AM
Spike

vahoundsman.You and people such as you are the reason these laws will pass easily.To bad the good people/hunters who respect other people and their property have to get penalized because of the few such as yourself.Yes some people will shoot hounds on their property this year because the hounds owner's act with no respect for others,too bad these dogs will suffer because of their owners.As usual laws are passed because 5% or so do not know how to act and the other 95% of good people get penalized for the bad 5%.We still use dogs to hunt,I hunt in VA and NC,but we are selective as to where we hunt,such as one block of woods we hunt has a Cemetery in the middle and if we do not hunt that block on Saturday or days when someone is getting buried out of respect for others.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Eventually some of you mouth breathers will get it thru your heads that it does no good to pass new laws when people aren't willing to work to enforce old laws. But using common sense like that when you are dealing with people who are anti-hunters is taking a leak into the wind. I said it before, I will say it again, there are a few bad apples among hound hunters, but there seem to be even more whiners and liars among the anti's. For heaven sakes, thinking everybody out with dogs during fox season is poaching deer, speaking positively about dog hunting bans elsewhere, claiming trespass the first time you hear a dog bark in the area, going along with an agenda supported by national and local animal rights groups, etc. IF new legislation passes, you are a fool if you believe that it will stop there.The worm will turn when some of you folks find your own favored style of hunting subjected to scrutiny and "reform" and then maybe subjected to even more "reform" down the line. Hope that your children or grandchildren will enjoy playing golf and soccer because at the rate things are going, they sure as hell won't beout in the woods hunting, with or without dogs.Its time for ALL hunters to stand together. If you aren't willing to do that, then I am sure that they will welcome you with open arms at the local PETA chapter and they will believe everything thatyou tell them about the big bad hound hunters.Just remember though, girls, the post-meeting refreshments will likelyonly be veggies. Enjoy.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Lanse couche couche.

Your thoughts all though well intended are a little out of sight. No offense but i dont think you under stand the Commonwealth of Virginia. As i have spoken to people looking at legislature on this topic. The idea is not delete hound hunting but merely restrict it!! It will be enforced by the people, thats how we do it down here. If I know your running hounds next door to me on a small lot, and they gov makes a minium lot size to do that larger but your not hurting me and not disrespecting me, im not going to say a dam thing, however if I find dead deer all over my property and dogs running a muck along with their owners you bet im going to do something.

In the Commonwealth of Virginia we have right to hunt that was voted on about 8 years ago, a piece of legislature that states that as long as virginia is a state, its citizen will have the right to hunt. They got to get rid of thatright first in order to take our rights, and if there doing that OHIO would have lost there rights a long time before that. No offense I have a family farm in OHIO and I love it but i would be more worried about the people you elect up there over restrictions in VA.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Spike

153 for you information i made the calls and the man said NO.... now, by law i do have the right to get my hound so,i called the man in green,waited for him and we BOTH walked in to get my dog,wich was eating on a gut pile and thats when he and i both found the violations.

Quick Reply: ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.