Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 New GSP pup on the way!! >

New GSP pup on the way!!

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

New GSP pup on the way!!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:16 PM

Default New GSP pup on the way!!

Sadly, last year I had to put my 7 yr old GSP down. Got the cancer thing young..devastating loss to my children, my wife and myself. It was the right thing to do, I know in my heart it was but to lose such a highly motivated, great hunting partner and great family pet filled our home with such sadness it was difficeult to get another dog right away.

Well, that time is now (almost). Got word from the breeder that a litter is due in September, and we will be getting a new pup sometime mid to late November. My children are besides themselves, I'm elated as well. The wife, that's a different story. She'll come around soon enough. She even wrote the deposit check for the breeder - so it cant be that bad.

Just thought I'd share the happy news. I cant wait to start training........
Old 09-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New GSP pup on the way!!

Zoomer, sorry to hear you lost your BF, and hunting partner.. nevermind family member.. its really sad. I got a dog, unfortunatly shes a lil chicken and cant do the hunting, but i dont know what i would do withmyself when the time does come. I hope this new dog is as good as the last. I wish ya many years of hunting, harvesting birds, and fun.
-CK
Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun with that new pup

Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

GSP's are the greatest dogs, I fear the day I have to say good bye to mine, cant imagine your pain, but I hope the new pup can brighten your family up the way only a GSP can.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Spike

I just found this post. Good for you ! I too lost my 7 yr GSP, back on Memorial Day due to cancer. I miss him so much, but I have no plans for another. Good luck & have fun !
Old 11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

those GSP sure can cover ground.