Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Flushers shouldnt take the back seat >

Flushers shouldnt take the back seat

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Flushers shouldnt take the back seat

Old 03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Flushers shouldnt take the back seat

I have an Elhew pointer, a German shorthaired pointer, An English cocker and an American water spaniel. Every one of my dogs has its own place in the field where it excels. All of my dogs have big motors and provide many magic moments every year. I prefer my pointers for youth hunts because of my ability to set up the shot in the safest possible manner. I use the flushers for hunts where we have more elderly participants. We post the older members of the party at the end of long strips of cover and use the flushers to root out the birds and for pick-up work. I also like the flushers for rough shooting which could include rabbits, pheasants, quail, woodcock, waterfowl, and even squirrels in a single days outing. I enjoy watching any well trained dog of any breed do the job it was bred to do. I hope I never get so breed blind that I deny myself the pleasure of watching any good dog perform.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Flushers shouldnt take the back seat

ORIGINAL: five span
I enjoy watching any well trained dog of any breed do the job it was bred to do. I hope I never get so breed blind that I deny myself the pleasure of watching any good dog perform.
There it is in a nutshell folks