HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   Dog Stolen in Ottawa... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/228885-dog-stolen-ottawa.html)

mustad 01-24-2008 01:22 PM

Dog Stolen in Ottawa...

Cross Post from another website. Hopefully somebody will be able to help this guy out:

My family dog (and my hunting dog) was stolen from our yard January 22nd, just south of Ottawa. The thief pulled into my driveway, cut the fence, leashed my dog and drove away. My neighbor got a plate number, description of the vehicle and the person. Unfortunately the plate was also stolen so it lead us nowhere. Below are all the details we have and picture of our dog. He is a 2-year golden retriever (red in color) that responds to the name Tuuka. If anyone sees a new golden around, I sure would appreciate a call at 613 822 1997.

Male Golden Retriever (red in color)
Approx 65 lbs
ID# L5E 3R (tattooed in ear)
Answers to Tuuka

Stolen By:
While male
Approx 200 lbs
Early 30s
Black Pickup truck (possibly dogde) wih tinted windows and red stripe
Plate: 9914LR

Reward offered for his safe return

crokit 01-24-2008 02:37 PM

RE: Dog Stolen in Ottawa...

only one word for this: FILTHY SCUM BAG

Phil from Maine 01-24-2008 03:41 PM

I am very sorry to here Dan, there is always some scum out there trying to get something for nothing or to make a quick buck. I hope you get that crook, did you have him micro-chipped? That isn't always fool proof but, I would recommend anyone to have their dog micro-chipped if it is conciderd of value to them tho. Good luck on getting the scum.. as well as getting your dog back..

mustad 01-24-2008 04:31 PM

Hi Phil,

It's not my dog... I'm just trying to help the guy out by getting the word out as many places as possible. Here's an update from the owner:

"We got additional details about the vehicle. It was a small (1/4 ton) black pickup (believed to be a mazda) with tinted windows and a red stripe on the side. The plate on it at the time was 9914LR. The cops say the plate was stolen so maybe that plate is not on the truck today. I'm guessing there aren' many black 1/4 ton mazda with tinted windows and a red stripe (white male occupant) so if anyone sees anything like that, please don't hesitate to contact me."

20 slugs 01-24-2008 08:52 PM

The police should be able to check the data base on this truck.Local garages etc check with pet food suppliers to see if anyone is asking what to feed a dog like this yea there,s some real sicko,s out there.At xmas there was a breeder near I think Stratford he was broken into twice they took pup,s that weren,t ready to leave the mother and then they hit agian on dec23 and took more that were being picked up for kid,s on xmas morining that,s just plain sick if I caught em I don,t want to say what I would do. Animal theft is classified a rustling that,s what I was told didn,t they use to" hang cattle rustlers in the old day,s."

crokit 01-25-2008 05:25 AM

The same day this dog was reported as stolen, Ontario trophy bucks web site listed a dog very similar[ age,color, different breed but chessy's and goldens can/do look alike. Listed under sporting dogs.

Probably nothing, but you never know!

RIStrutStopper 01-25-2008 10:06 AM

I just posted a link to this thread on a Labrador Retriever board thats pretty popular. I've already seen that board reunite owners with missing pets. Maybe spreading the word can help.