Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Let's see your Dawg's... >

Let's see your Dawg's...

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Let's see your Dawg's...

Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Let's see your Dawg's...

ORIGINAL: it flies it dies

Here is my male Ranger

Very cool - nice pic.
I also have a male Springer named Rangerthat I posted a pic earlier here.
We allcall him Ranger Pete.
Here's a couple pics:

One tired, and wet boy after bird hunting in NH in the rain.

Diving for his tennis ball.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Here is mine. I am not sure what I will try to get her to hunt yet. I really want to train her to shed hunt, but also do some duck hunting. She is a seven week old Chesapeake. My kids named her Callie.

Dan

Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM

This is my "snakedog", aussie cattle dog/ doberman mix. She is an excellent "snake dog"... she brings all the garter snakes to me and helps me to catch bull snakes keeping the snakes focus on her so I can "rake" them in a big trash can... and we go and let them loose at the conservation area a few miles away...

The best moose hunting dogs I've ever seen are Karelian Bear Dogs (Finnish breed). They're also great sled dogs and are often used to keep more aggressive dogs in order. The Department of Fish & Wildlife uses Karelian Bear Dogs for bear safety in Washington, Alaska and also Canadians use them for same purpose ...wonderful dogs! Totally fearless and great family dogs!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:08 AM

Here are some pictures of my pup through the last few months. We got him the day he turned 6 weeks and I would like to get him into hunting somehow. Hes a Jack Russell/chihuahua and Min Pin mix. I started a thread about him titled "Rabbit Dog". He was a hair over 2lbs at 6 weeks and is now pushing 10. Hes right at 8 months now. What does everybody think? Does he have potential or am I wasting my time/money?

Here he is about a week after we got him.

Here he is growing up!

Hes keeping an eye on my girlfriend as she walks up to her door step being protective..either that or the doves in the yard. lol
Hes about 4.5 months old in this picture.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

here is my new englishe setter pup Abby
Old 04-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sad to say I can't get dog yet due to my current situation but will someday. Great pictures so far. I decided to pin this one up to the top so keep those pictures coming!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

This is Zorro... product of huntingnet posters

Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Spike

We own German Shorthaired Pointers. They are mainly used to hunt and poing upland birds, then fetch to release. I will try to send a pic of them.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:12 AM

This is Royce, our Weim. 6yr old in Pic.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

Beautiful Weim, Glad to see you are one of the few who uses the dog for what it was intended for instead of prancing it around in dog shows. I have hunted with quite a few weims and each of them had hunt bred out of them by generations of show dog owners. Very unimpressed with the the ones I hunted with for this reason. Are you running him for AKC hunting or field trial titles? Quality hunting bloodlines are hard to come by for this breed. It would be nice to see more owners getting their weims hunting titles and bettering the breed for it's intended use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.