HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   TN Lady looking for love (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/168237-tn-lady-looking-love.html)

fantail 12-03-2006 02:25 PM

TN Lady looking for love

No it's not me!:D

I have a 2 1/2 year old yellow AKC registered lab that will be looking for a boyfriend around the end of january and was wandering if there was anybody in Tennessee that was interested in it for pick of the litter.

Doc E 12-04-2006 01:05 PM

RE: TN Lady looking for love

Is she OFA for hips? (how about elbows?)? CERF for eyes? CNM tested? Any titles?
There's a whole lot more to producing a litter of fine pups than just putting two dogs together. [:o]

I certainly could be wrong (so pardon me if I am), but it sounds like you are the typical BYB. :(

fantail 12-04-2006 05:06 PM

No titles. She was guaranteed to certify but haven't had it done. I'm about as ignorant as they come so maybe I am going about this all wrong so the best thing to do is forget about it especially if my ignorance is that obvious.

What is cnm tested and BYB and how much does it cost to have her certified. I was going to have it done about 2 years ago but the day before the appointment I ran over her with the truck and dislocated her hip and then 2 weeks later she got into a bucket of rat poison and almost died from that.

Parents had titles though.

You must be from up north(pardon me if I'm wrong)

Doc E 12-04-2006 05:22 PM

CNM is Centro Nuclear Myopathy (used to be called Labrador Myopathy). Do a websearch with those words -- you will find out all about it and how to test for it.
NOBODY with a top notch stud is going to even consider breeding your female if she doesn't have OFA on hips and CERF on eyes and a negative Brucellosis test within 30 days of breeding.

Yup, I'm from "up North" (N.E. corner of WA state).

edit: BYB is BackYardBreeder.................A BYB puts two dogs together without any other thoughts going into the breeding.

swamp rooster 12-06-2006 06:09 AM

that was a good one there ,,yes hes from up north you noticed huh ,were all not like that so dont mind him ,but if you want you a litter out of your dog i know a man here in west tn who has a fine breeder dog out of 2 ark, duck dogs that will burn most of them big named long worded cert.this and that dogs in the ground.ill send you an email ..

Doc E 12-06-2006 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster
i know a man here in west tn who has a fine breeder dog out of 2 ark, duck dogs that will burn most of them big named long worded cert.this and that dogs in the ground.ill send you an email ..
I have heard of literally thousands of dogs like this.............But I've only seen a very few.

bhensley 12-06-2006 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc E

I have heard of literally thousands of dogs like this.............But I've only seen a very few.
Is there a point to any of your posts? All you are is an ass to everyones post that I have seen. Quit acting like you know everything about dogs and know every individual dog. If someone has a dog they want to breed and people who would be interrested in the pups, so be it. You know dogs do not have to be champions to have pups.

fantail 12-06-2006 03:00 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Doc E 12-06-2006 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: bhensley
1. Is there a point to any of your posts? All you are is an ass to everyones post that I have seen. Quit acting like you know everything about dogs and know every individual dog.

2. If someone has a dog they want to breed and people who would be interrested in the pups, so be it. You know dogs do not have to be champions to have pups.
1. Yup, there is a point to all of my posts. I admit, I'm pretty brash, but I also tell the truth. If you don't like what I post, then feel free to disprove what I've said.

2. All you need to do to have pups is to put two dogs together, and the dog pounds and euthanasia centers are full of them.

Give me some facts to disprove anything I have said-----------I'll listen and respond.

bhensley 12-07-2006 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc E

ORIGINAL: bhensley
2. If someone has a dog they want to breed and people who would be interrested in the pups, so be it. You know dogs do not have to be champions to have pups.
2. All you need to do to have pups is to put two dogs together, and the dog pounds and euthanasia centers are full of them.

Give me some facts to disprove anything I have said-----------I'll listen and respond.
Like I said, if someone want to have pups and they have people who are wanting them, why would they end up in a pound? Just because a dog is not a champion don't mean they will end up in a pound or be euthanased. You know you are not impressing anyone on here with your posts. People come here to ask simple questions and you always come in and talk them down. Not everyone I know has a champion dog and anytime they have had pups I have never seen one go to the pound.