Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Sick pup

Old 12-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sick pup

neighbors that feed your dogs over fence are biggest problem with your dog..i see it all time..

women have a problem to overfeed a dog and to feed them things they should not, like cheeze, popcorn,hotdogs etc etc..

i told many this,women get mad at me and said,SPROUL,WHAT DO YOU KNOW,YOUR NOT VET..

well,after a 610 dollar trip to vet, this women was told,NOTHING FOUND WRONG WITH YOUR DOG..

most of problems are man made..stick to dog food,not HOTDOGS ETC..

Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 PM

I have a chocolate lab. She ingested a bottle of Ibuprofin. Made her sick and vomiting. shut her kidneys down and they had to put her oniv's for 7 days. (10% chance to pull through) during that time she was her playful normal self. Full of P and vinager. Just goes to show you that a dog can act healthy but not be. She pulled through and is still with me

Good luck. I'll be praying
Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: enginegrunt

I have a chocolate lab. She ingested a bottle of Ibuprofin. Made her sick and vomiting. shut her kidneys down and they had to put her oniv's for 7 days. (10% chance to pull through) during that time she was her playful normal self. Full of P and vinager. Just goes to show you that a dog can act healthy but not be. She pulled through and is still with me

Good luck. I'll be praying
LABS,when they are puppies they will eat anything..

ours at box of rat poison.we almost lost him..god was with me that night..
Old 12-22-2006, 09:25 AM

I am surprised the vet told you to feed the dog so soon. I have worked in vet offices for many years and the usual "treatment" for vomiting is to not feed them for 24 hours. Then a diet of rice and boiled hamburger for three days gradually incorporating their normal food. It works in nearly every single case.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:51 PM

k