HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   dog died (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/160491-dog-died.html)

terbzz 10-18-2006 08:17 PM

dog died

ok i had a 7 month old chocolat lab named gus i live in a small town in the middle of no were {naper nebraska like 90 peaple} ok he stayed in the yard good some times he woud run over to the nabers yard to smell her cats and chase them but i called him back when i ever i was him then yesterday he was really sick did notmove very mutch threw up al lot and was just really sick and this morning he woudent evan move then i went to school and when i came home he was dead:(so me and my dad looked his sicknes up on the enternet and some how he got ratpoising i think it was the naber

MichaelT. 10-18-2006 08:19 PM

RE: dog died

I am sorry to hear that.

I feel bad for your loss.

snake123 10-18-2006 08:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. That's really sick if someone did that. It does seem that way to me as well.

Matt / PA 10-18-2006 08:32 PM

This is going to sound very harsh but I can't help it..............Why the hell did nobody take the dog to a vet!?:(

Are you kidding me!? The dog can't move and is just laying there throwing up and you leave him to suffer and die.

Perfect.
Then we'll check out what might have killed ol' Gus.
MY GOD

Do you think anyone would think to take you to the doctor if you were laying there not moving and throwing up?

It's called responsible pet ownership. Look that up on the internet.:eek:

10pointhank 10-18-2006 08:40 PM

my brittney passed away last spring

what bigger town is naper by?

i live in omaha and have a farm in falls city

Doc E 10-18-2006 09:21 PM

terbzz,
Harsh as it may seem, I definitely agree with Matt.

1. A dog must either be confined or under supervision (that would have prevented the dog from going to the neighbor's place) -- and if the neighbor did poison the dog, it would have prevented that too.

2. When a dog was that sick, why wasn't it taken to the Vet?

I hate to say it this way -- but there is no other way -- the dog's death was your fault.

Phil from Maine 10-19-2006 04:09 AM

1. A dog must either be confined or under supervision (that would have prevented the dog from going to the neighbor's place) -- and if the neighbor did poison the dog, it would have prevented that too.

2. When a dog was that sick, why wasn't it taken to the Vet?

I hate to say it this way -- but there is no other way -- the dog's death was your fault.

I agree with terbzz and Doc, You should of at least taken him to the vet!

I can't guess whether your nieghbor poisoned your dog or not. I had a friend who's dog got into rasins last year. The same kind of signs were present so he took him to the vet and after 4 days and 3 nights staying there they had to put him down. The only real way of knowing is by going to the vet.

CDover 10-19-2006 06:18 PM

was he vacinated..if not sounds like Parvo to me

salty 10-21-2006 10:01 AM

I agree, You should have taken that dog to the VET. It makes my blood boil to hear about people accepting pets and not taking responsibility when something goes wrong.

On the second hand, If your NEIGHBOR did indeed poison a 7 month old choc lab...... He or She needs to answer questions and if you live in such a small town you know how small towns handle issues like this.

If this were my dog someone would be paying the price, however this would not happen since I don't let my dog out of the yard (I.E. electric fence)

Doegirl75 10-21-2006 10:36 AM

Guys: I think we need to chill on this kid, which I think the poster is:
1. He had to go to SCHOOL
2. Spelling and grammar of the post
3. Him and his father looked up what could have killed the puppy.
4. He has said on a previous thread that he is 13.

Let's show a little empathy towards this poster. How sad is it for a boy to lose his dog.:( His FATHER, on the other hand, should have taken this dog to the vet, that I agree on.