Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

5 month old brittney

Old 10-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5 month old brittney

ORIGINAL: 10pointhank

some times it will hurt sometimes it wont i think hes just testing his limits.......damn hes stubborn
YOU HAVE DOMANIANT dog..usually males act this way..a lot of these type dogs end up biting people down road..

i cant answer how to stop it..i would try to get him to chew on a chewy thing..if he bites, say NO BITE as others said..i used to pinch his tongue if he bit me, dont know if that right way or not..

you may have to get him nuetered later,you can get it done at 6 months,i waited until 1 year as i wanted my dog to develop on his body more..nuetering changes a dogs development, so they say..

you have domaniant dog, i feel ..you have to become leader of pack, not him..they make good hunters BUT you may end up with dog that bites people..its in his genes maybe, maybe i am wrong but seen a ton of dogs in 50 years and lot that bite at young age end up biting later..

dont mean to scare you only being honest to help you..some dogs snap out of it ,others dont..i hope it just teeth thing BUT from what i saw over years,its a DOMANIANT DOG and usually its a MALE..
Old 11-02-2006, 02:30 PM

Try shoving your hand on down into his mouth... Really. It's not what he's expecting to happen and will be very uncomfortable!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BlueRidgeRetrievers

Try shoving your hand on down into his mouth... Really. It's not what he's expecting to happen and will be very uncomfortable!

some breeds of dogs REMEMBER things more than others..i saw labs that bit a certain person because they remembered that a kid hit him with stick..young dogs like to chew on your hands and most stop after awhile..

vet told me that he is seeing more labs lately that are biting people..he said its backyard breeding thing..

i have dog biting trainer that summed it up this way..if you have a biting dog,he said put it to sleep or kennel it etc..i had one that bit 2 people,i fought my friend on putting him to sleep..

after 3 years old, he got a lot better BUT you cant ever trust him around people that he does not know..he licks face of people he knows..

that dog was born that way and it kicked in around 1 year old..up until that time, he was great, would run and play etc..then BANG, he bit someone..

i saw hunting dogs at sgl252 that showed their teeth to other hunters when they got close to the owners truck..vet told me its called TERRITORIAL AGGRESSION..i call it domaniant dog..