Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Innotek training collar? >

Innotek training collar?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Innotek training collar?

Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Innotek training collar?

I am going to break down and buy a shock collar this year. My GSP usually listens real well, but can be hard headed at times. I have been looking for a shock collar and beeper collar combo. I really don't want to spend big $, beeper collars alone are 100$. My question is if any one has had a innotek collar and how they have worked and held up over time? I have noticed the innotek TT-100A has a lot of the features I'm looking for, has anyone ever used one or had one?

Thanks
Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Innotek training collar?

Very seldom do I hear anything good about Innotek. I'd go with one of the brands that have been proven to work and work well. TriTronics, Dogrtra, SportDog.
I'd stay away from Innotek and DT Systems.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:43 PM

Just like DocE, I have heard nothing but bad things about Innotek.Ihad a chance to talk toone of their pros last year. He seemed to be reluctantly positive about them, but would agree that they have had more than their share of problems. I do see that they have come out with a new product so maybe they have improved things. Going on history, stay away from them. I have a Sportdog and love it. It was pretty cost effective and is very easy to use with exceptional customer care if there is a problem. I also have a Tri-Tronic which I really like. It was very expensive, but it is bulletproof. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe I'm a freak. I have an Innotek and have been very pleased. It's about 5 years old and been very good. It does everything I need. Things might change. I've been thinking about a collar with a vibe mode. Still happy with my Innotek.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:15 PM

INNOTEK ISJUNK!
If you want something to last and work buy a Dogtra or TriTronics
I recomend the Dogtra 202NCP to all my customers 2 collars 1 remote
under $400
i have used this model for 2 seasons Hunting or training every day6mnths at a time.
it only needs charging once a week if you turn it while not in use
Old 09-19-2006, 01:46 AM

Thanks guys for all of the replies!! I think I knew the answer to my question before i asked it, but always good to here other opions on products. I haven't decided yet to get a shock collar or just go with beeper collar for now. I hunted aroundcouple of guys who had beeper collar only last yearand it sold me on them.Funny tid bit- I talked to cabelas about their own brand of collars andcouple employeestold me they were junk and always returned with problems.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Why not try the Sportdog Brand....i'm working my lab with one..they work great...good price and great service department......and as for your dog..if he's fully OB trained it would'nt hurt him..their like a different dog while wearing one...just remember it's an extention of the lash.....don't abuse it..or you'll make more problems..Honkers...
Old 09-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doc E

Very seldom do I hear anything good about Innotek. I'd go with one of the brands that have been proven to work and work well. TriTronics, Dogrtra, SportDog.
I'd stay away from Innotek and DT Systems.
Ditto and I would guess Cabelas collars are made by Innotek.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:51 PM

i have an innotek and have not had any problems with it
Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 AM

WEEZER, HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOURS?

Quick Reply: Innotek training collar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.