Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Neighbor Shooting at My Dog >

Neighbor Shooting at My Dog

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Neighbor Shooting at My Dog

Old 12-14-2002, 06:56 PM

Default RE: Neighbor Shooting at My Dog

I would love to advise "shoot the (*&$#^#(*&@!%$@ back" but we all know you cannot do that. As previously mentioned by others, are we hearing all of the story?

Does your dog bark excessively? Has your dog attacked this person? It is hard to put ourselves in the other person's shoes sometimes. Maybe this person works nights and needs sleep during the day, is you dog bothering him? Maybe this person is just sick in the head, in this case good luck.

I hope that you can resolve the problem without violence. Call the police, the humane society, his Mom if you have to. No one should abuse our fine furry friends. I love my Labs like they were my kids. Good luck and I hope this person does not hurt your dog anymore.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Spike

Call the cops. He is shooting ducks where you already. Said you cannot have bb guns in your town. He has already broke the law. It is better to do something now rather than catch him doing something to your dog and u going to jail for beating him. It sounds like he needs a good beating though.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

A dog getting shot in 2002? Chances are its not still alive. You'll have to dig it up and sort through the remains.
-Jake
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Neighbor shooting dog.

I would have no sense of humor on the matter.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why was a 10 year old thread brought back up onto this Forum? It would seem we have enough current stuff to talk about than going back to a thread from 2002!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

You guys are softies.
I caught my neighbor throwing rocks at my dog a few years back, and put an end to that right away. With a manly roar i yelled ' if i eveeeeeeeeerr catch you doing anything to my dog i will bust your fkn neck"

come to think of it, i haven't see them for a couple years now.

I have a neighbor right now who's dog barks alllllll th time non stop.....it is not the dogs fault. I looked over into the yard and the thing has his face pressed against the back door to let him in, or feed him, or communicate ! Something! I call them on the phone and make them know they are the bad guy.

However make sure you or the dog isn't at fault, but the blame comes back to you ! There is a gap somewhere in pet management. If not...i'd suggest some sort of posturing with a firm message.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i knew for a fact someone was for no reason other than kicks harming one of my dogs I think Id have to have give them a little attitude adjustment
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would call the police and say you saw a man with a gun. They would then likely respond and shake down the idiots residence and then he might get the message. Nobody would shoot at my dog twice.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn

I would have no sense of humor on the matter.
Me neither!!! I would be kicking the crap out of a neighbor!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Why was a 10 year old thread brought back up onto this Forum?