HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   Upland Bird Dog Enthusiast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/152546-upland-bird-dog-enthusiast.html)

tailcrackin 08-19-2006 12:23 PM

Upland Bird Dog Enthusiast

The Georgia Pointing Dog Club c/o JP Weber
is going to assist in holding a training seminar on,
Septemeber 9, 10,2006. This will be demonstrated by Maurice Lindley
Lindley's Kennels, Piedmont, South Carolina.
The seminar is going to start at 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
there will be a continental breakfast, and lunch provided both days by The Georgia Pointing Dog Club.
We will break at lunch at 11:30 a.m. till 1:00 p.m.
On saturday evening before dinner we are gonna have a "sit around the oak tree,"
This way all the questions, and understanding what was presented that day can be discussed.
This seminar is going to be conducted as a hands-on manner.
This style format will help out the handlers, and the dogs to be successful in the field, tests, and or trials.
Maurice is a gifted teacher, who will and can explain the style and the techniques.

Some of the topics will cover:
-Intro to birds and shotgun for puppies.
-Intro the check cord, pinch collar, and e-collar.
-Teaching the dog to handle.
-Detailed instructions on using remote launchers.
-Steady-to-wing-and-shot---how to get started.
-Problem dogs and problem solving.

Everyone is welcome!!

You can email JP at

or my email through here, or [email protected]

If you have any questions.....would be more than happy to help you in any way.
Thanks Dave Jones......Jonesy

porknbeans 08-21-2006 06:25 AM

RE: Upland Bird Dog Enthusiast

Jonesy:

Thanks for helping to organize this. It is out of my area, but it is good to see clinics like this offered. Keep up the good work and the good advice.

Doc E 08-21-2006 09:08 AM

Cool ! Hope you have a great turn-out. Maurice should put on a dandy good seminar for sure.
(Let me know if any PLs show up).

tailcrackin 08-22-2006 06:09 AM

Man Doc them Pl's??? what the???? aint nooooo such thing!! Just pickin!! There have been couple at the last couple sem's Maurice has done. You ever hear of a dog named FC-AFC-GMHR HEUY, MH?? You hear anything ever about this one?? when I first looked into the breeding on, didnt pay attention to the fine lines in the posts, always liked the sire and new it would be a good one, but his pups here are acting like them ol pointers, they will staunch up on my pigeons out feeding. What a way to ruin a perfectly good dog. :D:D:D, gonna have to get an antenna transplant to get his tail up. Got two pups, seem to be very nice candidates, came out of red bluff cal. the dam is a chavez bitch. why dont you go to that sem, and display the man?? Be a good flight, I 'll go to the airport and pick ya up. Cya and just picking at ya! Later Jonesy

Phil from Maine 08-22-2006 07:12 AM

It sounds like a great time, never heard of anything like that up
this way. To bad so many miles away, and good luck with all.
I hope that there is a great turn out for you folks down there.