HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   Eukanuba Adult food? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/143785-eukanuba-adult-food.html)

PA GOBBLER 05-30-2006 04:41 AM

Eukanuba Adult food?

i have been feeding my English Pointer pup Eukanuba medium breed puppy food. now he is at the age for me to start switching to adult. i see Eukanuba has a maintenance brand and a premium performance.
i know i want to stick w/ Eukanuba so i was wondering what would be the food i would want to put him on? he is 50lbs if that means anything..

wildlands 05-30-2006 05:37 AM

RE: Eukanuba Adult food?

I likethe Premium Performance food.We have been feeding it for about 2 years now. For my 40 lb Bavarian she gets 2 cups once a day and even with that I have to watch her in the summer when it gets hot and she slows down or she will put on the weight fast. I have no problem recomnding it.
Wildlands

PA GOBBLER 05-30-2006 07:29 PM

thanks wildlands, i got on the web site and looks like the premium performance is what im looking for. i already went out and bought some.

daleh 06-01-2006 02:11 PM

Great food; maybe the best i ever fed.
Just can not buy anything from anyone who has ever supported ant-hunting
Ekanuba support HSUS who supports PETA
I stoped feeding it and went to something else
I will never buy anything from them again

Phil from Maine 06-03-2006 04:26 PM

I agree with daleh I wouldn't purchase from any anti-hunting group.
I was also lucky as my dogs wouldn't eat Ekanuba and I had to
give a fifty pound bag away. ( before they came out with the
anti report ) I like feeding them eagle pack but, there is some
other good quality dog foods out there.

pattylyn44 06-04-2006 06:44 AM

mine won't eat it..they do like the enhance..that I can get from the feed store

mustad 06-05-2006 10:45 AM

I've been feeding my dogs Eagle Pack for years. Just got a new pup and started him on their large breed puppy food. He's working real well on it so far.

My buddy uses Eukanuba's maintenance on his brit and griffon. They seem to work well on that, so to each his own.

Good luck,

VA HEAD HUNTER 06-11-2006 09:12 PM

the key to good dog food is the first couple ingredients and if the first ingredients are fillers then its no good. i love eukanuba cause it stays in my dog longer and her stool is dark and hard and as nasty as talking about dog crap is its the only way to see a good food working.

eng40sqd 06-12-2006 07:41 AM

I have been a owner/breeder for awhile now. I have tried many types and brands of food over the years. I have to say hands down the all time best food I have fed has been the Black Gold Brand of foods... they have a fairly large selection depending on your dogs needs and usage.. excellent puppy food as well....

It is a little pricey even when bought in volume as I do. I buy a pallet (2000 lbs) at a time but well worth the money.

I feed the black bag during the off season and it still has plenty of kick for the dogs. I run my fox hounds off this style of food and they have a ton more energy than most people I hunt with.

I switch up to a higher energy based food during the cold months and when the dogs get used daily...

brickhead 06-15-2006 05:16 AM

I feed my shorthairs Eukanuba adult and switch to Premium performance when they are being run hard. Great stuff. I didn't know about the hunting thing,that pissess me off!