Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

I could use some help

Old 04-06-2006, 10:18 PM

Default I could use some help

Hi guys. I need some help. This is not associated my mountain cur hunting dogs, but instead with my Siberian Husky. She is 12 years old and her nose and lips have been peeling raw. It started with some drying out of her nose, and bit by bit, it has been peeling away. It hasn't been a very long time since this started and she has been 100 percent healthy previous to this. Now, her nose is getting more rawish all the time and is now starting to be a little runny. It also bleeds if she hits part of the dried up scabbed area. I noticed recently that it is spreading to her lips. I am going to take her to the vet, but any ideas of what this could be? I also do not want it spreading to my other dogs if it is possible. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I could use some help

No idea, but I would make that appointment ASAP.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:27 AM

Default RE: I could use some help

sounds like an auto-immune disorder to me. I would say that your dogs immune system is attacking the skin on her nose and lips. the vet will probably try her on some prednisone (a steroid) to inhibit the immune system.