Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 can't believe someone did this >

can't believe someone did this

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

can't believe someone did this

Old 02-05-2006, 06:19 PM

Default can't believe someone did this

a friend that lives about a mile from me contacted me about two labs someone dumped out by his hunting cabin, he has been tring to locate the owner for about two weeks, but no luck, we live about 6 miles from a very small town, everyone knows everybody,he knows i have several labs and plenty of pens, i told him i would take them and try to find them a home, or i'd keep them.you can tell they had collars on them before. hunting season just ended and someout of town hunter or some fool just dumped them out. these labs are in excellent shape, the female has been spayed. they'll both load, and appear to be smart, i haven't been able to spend alot of time with them yet, mainly want themget to know me. hate to get them use to me and the family and them put out. i already have five, guess two more want hurt, i live way off the road in the country,plenty of room for them.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Default RE: can't believe someone did this

It's good to see there is still decent people around to counter balance the fools out there.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

one on one - where are you located? if you're close and you can't find the owner, I may take one of these good lookin labs off your hands. Thye almost look like they are from the sam litter.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM

bronoko, thanks but i found a great home for the choc,she's with a family thats has more than one could ever dream of, the young guy was happy and couldn't believe i wouldn't take some money for her, i decided to keep the yellow male, he's smart and has taken to me real well. thanks again.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are some cruel people out in the world. Out here especially, its the pit bulls that usually get dumped out in middle of nowhere. I wont go into detail but i remember one particular sickening sight when i was patroling canals. This female pit was abandoned middle of summer and when i called our local SPCA to come get her, I didn't see it several hours later so i'm assuming she was picked up. About two or so weeks later, i found her again dead.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:43 PM

I was bowhunting this past season and when walking to my stand i ran into a German Short haired pointer and it was real skitish and it took off when it spotted me. After being in my stand for about a half hour - here comes the dog sniffing my trail and come and sits right below my tree stand and then lays down. here I am trying to get him to leave but that wasn't happening. I get down from my stand walk him out to the rd and had my brother meet me with the truck he took the dog back to the house and hooked him to the run line till I got back. He was a real nice dog so I took him home and spred the work that i found this dog out in the woods while hunnting and he looked like he hadn't eaten in a few days.

i had the dog for about a week - long enough for the kids to get attached and then i found the owner - some guy had him trainned as a coon dog and he lost him hunting one night. Guy didn't seem too nice to the dog but I had to give it too him it was his dog. Felt bad giving him back knowing that he probably wouldn't treated half as good with his real owner but that's how it goes I guess - There was no excesive abuse that i could tell - just lokked a little under fed - otherwise there no way he gets that dog back.