HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   Possible Problem with Diamond Dog Food (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/125773-possible-problem-diamond-dog-food.html)

Doc E 12-20-2005 12:33 PM

Possible Problem with Diamond Dog Food

Check out the following link .

www.homesteadingtoday.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1116428#post1116428

shpines 12-20-2005 06:17 PM

RE: Possible Problem with Diamond Dog Food

It is a problem! Don't feed any more until you check your bag! Here is a media statement and other info.

I have spoken with Diamonds Vet regarding 2 issues with the food.

The first issue is the smell. That was an added flavor enhancement they added to the food using flavor technology. They did not antisipate the bad smell.

They have reverted back to the original flavor starting Nov 25th.

NOW FOR THE SERIOUS ISSUE

The test have confirmed aflatoxin.

The bad batch is coming out of the Gaston, SC production plant.

No other plant has been effected.

How to know if your bag was out of Gaston is to look on the back of the bag at the long code. The letter G will be the 12 letter.

If your bag was made in Gaston and has a expiration date of March/May 2007. STOP FEEDING -- THROW AWAY get a new bag with different expiration dates.

I live in Alabama and the bag was made in Gaston. TN gets their feed out of Gaston as well.

Diamond will be posting the info on there website tomorrow.

Keep checking this post as the VET will be emailing me the info to post in alittle bit. Once I receive the email I will post it for you.

If you have questions feel free to email me or call me. I will be out of my office for a little bit but will try to respond as quickly as I can.

Drew "Buckshot" Werndli
Phone [615] 216-5650 or [256] 851-1830

Media Statement
Diamond Pet Food

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 20, 2005

Media Contact:
Mark Brinkman, Diamond Pet Food
573/229-4203

Diamond Pet Food has discovered aflatoxin in a product manufactured at our facility in Gaston, South Carolina. Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical by-product from the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus, on corn and other crops.

Out of an abundance of caution, we have notified our distributors and recommended they hold the sale of all Diamond Pet Food products formulated with corn that were produced out of our Gaston facility (see complete list below). Please note that products manufactured at our facilities in Meta, Missouri and Lathrop, California are not affected. The Gaston facility date codes are unique from other Diamond facility codes in that either the eleventh or twelfth character in the date code will be a capital “G” (in reference to Gaston). The range of date codes being reviewed are “Best By 01-March-07” through Best By “11-June-07”. Diamond’s quantitative analysis records substantiate that Diamond’s corn shipments were definitively clear of aflatoxin after December 10. As such, “Best By 11-June-07” date codes or later are not affected by this notice.

States serviced by our Gaston facility include Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (eastern), Main, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Vermont, and Virginia.

We are rapidly analyzing retained samples of all products produced in Gaston so we can isolate specific lot numbers impacted and provide this information to our distributors, retailers and customers as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, if your pet is showing any symptoms of illness, including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea, please consult your veterinarian immediately.

Product quality and customer satisfaction are important to us. We pledge to keep you updated as new developments occur.

Gaston Facility Products Removed From Sale
Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
Diamond Performance Dog Food
Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
Diamond Puppy Food
Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
Diamond Professional Cat Food
Country Value Puppy]
Country Value Adult Dog
Country Value High Energy Dog
Country Value Adult Cat Food Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
Professional Adult Dog Food
Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
Professional Puppy Food
Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
Professional Adult Cat Food

WAYNE1 12-20-2005 08:41 PM

I feed Diamond to my lab's...and will continue to use it. The feed I get doesn't even come close coming from Gaston, South Carolina. And now the way I've got it figured....it'll probably be one of the safest to use..:D

sproulman 12-25-2005 03:16 PM

iloveto4x4innc 12-30-2005 12:39 PM

It just made our local news today. 2 dogs in the Raleigh area dead because of it and several that died that they think are linked to it as well. Makes me glad that I feed Nature's Choice ( I think that's what it is) and not Diamond. I feel for the people that lost dogs because of this.