HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Sporting Dogs (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs-9/)
-   -   Female in Heat in the house (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/sporting-dogs/125446-female-heat-house.html)

AlaskaMagnum 12-17-2005 10:15 PM

Female in Heat in the house

Anyone have any advice for keeping a bitch in heat in the house without making a mess? This is the first female I have owned in Alaska, and since it is winter, she stays in the house. She is in her first heat and making somewhat of a mess. Any tricks or tips out there?

tailcrackin 12-18-2005 06:45 AM

RE: Female in Heat in the house

Hey Doug, don't let it get toooooo lonely in Alaska, the cross there is not good, we have a few laws on it down here! hahahaha just pickin!! Man I never worried about it too much, just keep some peroxide around to get the drips out of the carpet, or linens. Other than that never had any problems. Hey Mo is having seminar in May, you hear bout it? Thanks Jonesy

AlaskaMagnum 12-18-2005 09:40 AM

No Jonesy, I had not hear about it. I am still planning on sending the pup down there in February. She will test in the VJP at the end of April, so that should work out well.

tailcrackin 12-18-2005 10:47 AM

Martha Greenle is hosting, www.pineyrunkennel.com and go under seminars. Thanks I am sure if there is any way to get away from here, I'll be assisting in some way. Thanks Doug, Jonesy

missed_another 12-18-2005 11:51 AM

my wife cuts a hole in a disposable diaper for the tail and they work prettygood. looks funny though.:D

jashoffa 12-19-2005 07:37 AM

seach DR. Foster and Smith on the internet. they have al sorts of pet products and they have female dog pads. Before mine was fixed I put a babygate up at the kitchen door and made her stay in there. Gave her a blanket and picked up all the rugs so I wouildn't have to wash them. then I would just mop the floor daily with a swifer wet mop.Of course this will not work if you have carpet in your kitchen.

Coyotestalker 12-19-2005 02:09 PM

Depends my friend, just cut it to the shape of the dogs rear. I have seen it done, and it is silly looking, but defiantely helps for indoor mess prevention.

Mite 12-19-2005 10:35 PM

LOL. That's what's up with a dog I seen at the dog park. I thought the dog had an operation or something. The doghad a diaper on because she was in heat.

shpines 12-20-2005 11:34 AM

We tried the pants from the pet store, same as Dr Foster &Smith. They wouldn't stay on. Diapers work, but I put tape around the hole that I cut to keep the filling from comming out.

iloveto4x4innc 12-20-2005 02:58 PM

I put mine in her crate when she was in heat. Tried the pads and she just ate the the stupid pants. The crate worked the best, just had to take it out and wash it every other day or so to keep it from smelling.